Anyone tried Diet Coke+Mentos?

Bizarrely, Fred MacCaulay has done a feature about it on Radio Scotland this morning too. They were claiming a 200m jet was possible.

Anyway, what i want to know is - what happens if you swallow a pint of diet coke and then swallow a whole mento? Any volunteers?

• 4 years later...
Bizarrely, Fred MacCaulay has done a feature about it on Radio Scotland this morning too. They were claiming a 200m jet was possible.

Anyway, what i want to know is - what happens if you swallow a pint of diet coke and then swallow a whole mento? Any volunteers?

I have heared that someone put a pigs stomach inside one of those sketetons you get for teaching and they put coke and mentos in it and it exploded........I might not have remembered properly though ;P

^^ Unashamedly completely off topic, but I want one of those skeletons, to hang on the outside of my front door to scare away unwelcome visitors. Or at least have it stood up inside the door, so its grinning over my shoulder when I answer the door.

Where can I get one? I am being serious here, wanted one of those for as long as I can remember.

I have heared that someone put a pigs stomach inside one of those sketetons you get for teaching and they put coke and mentos in it and it exploded........I might not have remembered properly though ;P

The tv programme "Mythbusters" on Discovery put this one to the test a while back.

Might be worth having a look on You Tube, as they did the experiment with the pigs gutbag, and it will probably be on there.

If I recall correctly it didn't explode.