Sky tv

Tartanlass

My sky has stopped working as says no satelitte signal so phone sky to ask for help they say after a long wait on a call back first appointment i can get is 10th January 2012 as book closed till 9th due to adverse weather we get in winter. I think its disgusting way to treat us should be an engineer based here. Guess Sky dont feel we count for owt n dont need someone. ARGH!!! anyone else have similar problem. Gonna be odd no tv over xmas time. They say i could get an independent enigneer out but id have to pay for it. Anyone have any idea how much that could be

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you would be far better off getting in an independant engineer and the cost will be minimal as it is probably just your dish facing the wrong way after the wind we have had. If you can reach the dish yourself it should be pointing approx south get a compass and check with your neighbours dish. The sky guy up here is the next thing to useless anyway

Our Sky was off this morning too but switching off the power at the socket for a couple of minutes and removing the card giving it a wipe on a dry cloth and then switching the power on again and reinserting the card made it spring back into action - worth a try if you haven't already tried it :)

All it has to move is a fraction of an inch for you to lose your signal.

Just give it a nudge first one way then the other to see if you get your signal back.

I Just connect a satellite meter to mine when ever the wind moves it and it has never been more than 0.5 of an inch out.

So you wont be able to tell if it has been moved fractionally just by looking at it.

Hi ,yes we were told one time they were fully booked after numerous problems with them installing sky in the 1st place ,but we demanded to speak to someone much higher up and indeed the engineers did finally come to us despite being told they were fully booked .It took number phonecalls but it was sorted out, despite them sending one engineer looking for us in East London with an A-Z :shock: to install sky.When they failed to turn up at the specified time, that was where we told engineer was he didn't know where Shetland was or the place of where we stayed and that was where the poor guy was sent :roll: .

So we rang straight back on the phone and indeed engineer was sent to us as a team were on the island,they fitted us in no problem but we did have to demand to speak someone more senior and not be fobbed off with with the initial call centre.

The week we had it installed the team weren't leaving the hotel until 10.30. So they should have time.

I would go with checking the Sky box first. Try switching it off at the mains for 30 seconds. Also check your connection at the back. The lead on one of our Sky boxes has a habit of coming away from its connector, giving the sme message as you get.

If you want to adjust your satellite dish ther are plenty of videos on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO1XiVNmJXI

Or for a quicker service try Springbank Electrical

http://shetlopedia.com/Springbank_Electrical