co-op

fionajohn

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope there is no truth in this sorry as I do like the Co-op's range.

I do the bulk of my shopping in Tesco as its cheaper over all, but I still go to the Co-op for things.

The staff however are a joke (no offence to ur boys above poster, there are exceptions in all cases). The Checkout staff just don't care or they are "busy" having a conversation with the operator on the next till whilst scanning ur good. Most of the floor staff are useless and not far evolved from cave men.

I did a few years at the co-op and it saddens me the way the store has gone on the staff front.

They should have a massive overhaul of the staff and then people may go there more, and spend more and hence save more jobs.

I hope there is no truth in this sorry as I do like the Co-op's range.

The staff however are a joke (no offence to ur boys above poster, there are exceptions in all cases). The Checkout staff just don't care or they are "busy" having a conversation with the operator on the next till whilst scanning ur good. Most of the floor staff are useless and not far evolved from cave men.

i agree that "some" of the staff could help more and be more customer friendly, but i know chaklates 2 boys and they are the most friendly happy wee fellows and go out their way to help customers even if its not their dept, and with a smile.

staff moral is at an all time low at the moment people are losing their jobs, comments and rumours like these cant help the atmosphere at work

Whilst the staff at the co-op can't really come on here and reply to various issues for obvious reasons, i can say for certain ( as i know people that work there) that the shop is not closing.

I believe in February there is maintenance work being done on the store, mini re-fit if you like.

Staff are being asked to cover more departments, and once the job cuts are done this will be common place. I think the staff are in an impossible position to be honest, but most are trying to do the best they can whilst working under the threat of redundancy.

So try to show some consideration folks especially as it's not the greatest time of the year for it. :wink:

For the record i do not work for the co-op!

In my experience, the staff are worse at Tesco.

I was using the self-checkout the other day, and had an issue so I pressed the key to ask for assistance.

The worker in charge of the self-checkouts was busy busy busy chatting to the person at the till next to the one I was using.

When she noticed the red light, she came over, swiped her card, keyed in a code - she said nothing to me at all - and went back to the other customer to continue their chat. it wasn't work-related, they were talking about mutual friends etc.

I stood looking at her back with the surprise obvious on my face that she didn't even ask what the issue was, and it took the other customer to point out to her that I was actually needing some help.

There are good and bad staff in both supermarkets, but I generally find the staff at the co-op much more inclined to actually do the job rather than stand and chat.