co-op

fionajohn

Customers are especially designed to be horrible. Be glad that they took the time to visit the Co-op, moaning and whinging while they were there. It's people like that who have made the country known for what it is. Bloody awful. But if we lose it then we can't go to the cafe and Tesco's will put their prices up while cutting the number of items for sale to a minimum.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do my 'big' shop at the Co-op and rarely have any complaints. What I will say is with the amount of staff at both Co-op and Tesco you will always get some better than others, thats life, just get on with it!

There you go Dave, I hope that helps balance out the scales! :wink:

Thank you, Biglad.

As someone who used to work at the Co-op, no longer does so and is almost certain never to work there again I feel I can safely add the other side of the coin.......horrible customers!. Not many but there were some who were horrible to the staff without, so far as I could see, any excuse. And as a "wishy washy Liberal" I am always looking to excuse peoples behaviour.

Customers are especially designed to be horrible. Be glad that they took the time to visit the Co-op, moaning and whinging while they were there. It's people like that who have made the country known for what it is. Bloody awful. But if we lose it then we can't go to the cafe and Tesco's will put their prices up while cutting the number of items for sale to a minimum.

I think it's this fok wi huge erses driving in their 4 x 4' On-Roaders and wondering why the staff canna process 7 bags o groceries at the till in 1 minutes flat :wink:

Well the snow has arrived and as I posted previously, that certainly gets me going.. :lol:

A Thought: suppose Sainsburys' bought out the the Co-op, would that make any difference?

You bet it will, as Tesco would crap themselve then... :D

i only moved to shetland in august this year but have used the coop afew times and ive alway found the staff on the checkout really nice .. so there are afew nice people work there... and the cafe is wonderful had breakfast there few week ago and best breakfast ive had from a cafe ever....

• 3 weeks later...

Times I am there I allways get a very nice American lady who is positive. I dread to think what would happen if the COOP closed, Tescos is allready a rip off joint, I spend half my time having to compare everything, as most times a 4 pack is more expensive than 4 individuals, even though you would not think so. Plus I see the Tescos here does not have the same deals south and are trying to put Shetland milk out of business (none stop deals on milk all year just here in Shetland, as long as its not the Shetland stuff) they are chancers.

See if this works.

http://pa.shetland.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=LUCETNOA11000

'Documents' tab, then 'Visuals' link (middle one). Who, or what is 'Peacocks'??

See if this works.

http://pa.shetland.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=LUCETNOA11000

'Documents' tab, then 'Visuals' link (middle one). Who, or what

is 'Peacocks'??

Claes retailer

http://www.peacocks.co.uk

No doubt give Mackays and Tescos a run for there money.

Are you saying Tescos are not giving you good 'deals' on clothing?

I thought Tesco's were the be all and end all of cheap goods!

I think this could be a good change for the Co-op but I can't see how selling clothes will work, they are struggling for space as it is!