29 Cheyne Crescent

Dratsy

Should immigrants involved in breaking the law be deported  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should immigrants involved in breaking the law be deported

• yes
    • no

Guest Anonymous
i THOUGHT THERE WAS A CONCEPT OF INNOCENT UNTIL FOUND GUILTY. of all those charges you lay at the residents of that house are they any diffrent to the normal shetland criminal. if it was not ok to talk about serious criminal cases involving shetlanders like the one in brae then this must come under the same rules.

WHERE ARE THE MODS

The past and present residents of this address have been found guilty of numerous crimes paul b the allegations of kidnapping are just the latest in a long line of offences attributed to someone living there.

The information is all in the public domain so no T&Cs have been breeched, so draw your head in.

Whether that's true or not.. You might find that incitement is illegal.

Suggest you watch what it is you're asking of people.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes JAS we do have our fair share of reprobates so why import more of them from overseas.

If I were to break the law in another country I would expect the authorities of that country to deport me after serving whatever sentence they saw fit to impose on me.

In fact this is exactly what happens in almost every other country in the world including the rest of the EU. So why not here?

I never said Shetlanders were void of committing crimes but what do you think would happen to us if we went to their country and behaved like this?.

Edit. dratsy's wording is better than mine and hits the nail on the head.

You'd serve whatever sentence given and then be swiftly deported. No questions asked....

I honestly don't like where this thread is heading. Innocent untill proven guilty.

Are immigrants worse than Shetlanders? Yes granted if it is proven that this offence did occur then it is a terible crime.

I have worked with many eastern europeans over the years and have found them to be hard working.

Yes a few of them do break the law but then so do a few shetlanders.

Or maybe I should be used to such generalisations on Shetlink.

Whether that's true or not.. You might find that incitement is illegal.

Suggest you watch what it is you're asking of people.

Who am I inciting to do what NX?

The only thing I have stated here is that the authorities should use the powers given to them by parliament and deport offenders who have washed up on our shores for whatever reason, anything else is purely in your own mind and hardly something I can be held responsible for.

I honestly don't like where this thread is heading. Innocent untill proven guilty.

Are immigrants worse than Shetlanders? Yes granted if it is proven that this offence did occur then it is a terible crime.

I have worked with many eastern europeans over the years and have found them to be hard working.

Yes a few of them do break the law but then so do a few shetlanders.

Or maybe I should be used to such generalisations on Shetlink.

Well said Rick.

People seem to jump the gun before the facts are even know.

I am not calling for deportation of all eastern Europeans Rick just those that break the law. I would agree with you wholeheartedly that many of them work hard and keep their noses clean, i will even go as far as saying that many of them are better employees than quite a few locals I know or even immigrants from west but that is not what is being debated.

I have seen no hint of racism or xenophobia on this thread so why are you trying to find it.

lets add breaking and entering and theft from sheltered housing to the list of crimes eastern Europeans from this address have been found guilty of

Seems our local rags are going the same way as the tabloids again, would they be so quick to make the address public if it were 2 Shetanders up to no good - I think not. Typical press, there are plenty of people who have hoved in the south mooth that are perfectly fine, the same way as there as plenty of Shetlanders who you would quite happily see off on the North boat never to return from her majestys pleasure.

Innocent until proven guilty - no matter where you hail from!!!

And to be more to the point, there isn't a place on earth you can go without meeting either an immigrant Shetlander, or a descendant from one - think how boring (and inbred Shetland would be if there was no integration with others?!!

Guest Anonymous
...And to be more to the point, there isn't a place on earth you can go without meeting either an immigrant Shetlander, or a descendant from one - think how boring (and inbred Shetland would be if there was no integration with others?!!

And for all the troublemaking Shetlanders that 'used' to live in Shetland. It would be a great place to live if the authorities shipped them all back?!

I no more think we should be allowed to impose our scumbags on other communities than we should allow scumbags from elsewhere to remain here.

If criminals were stopped from moving around so freely then they would be known to the local community as well as the local police and there behaviour could be dealt with a lot more robustly.