Internet providers

dinnaken

Who provides your internet and what do you think of the service ? anyone with Talk Talk ?

For my sins, yes I am....yet anyway.

Negatives, you will have at least one drop out per day, usually either early/mid evening, or early hours of the morning. You can reconnect immediately virtually always, so not a major problem. Line speeds are generally (from what I hear anyway) on the slower side, compared to the likes of say PlusNet or BT....

Positives, the service is reasonably reliable, and has been doing better the last three months or so than previously. I came to them via Tiscali who they bought out, and certainly near the end of Tiscali's days and for about the first year-18 month of TalkTalk the service was poor, but has gotten back to something close to what Tiscali was when they did sense this last while.

Overall, if you can get a better priced deal out of them than say PlusNet or BT, they're worth a punt, if they're on par or dearer, you'd get better VFM with one of the others.

Pipex in name - Talk Talk on the bill. I came via Pipex, which was taken over by Tiscali.. which was taken over by Talk Talk.

I find it worse than the old 'proper' Pipex days but probably pretty average. Can be difficult to load YouTube videos in the evening. Probably would try Plusnet if looking for a new ISP. After the move to Talk Talk, they tried to double my monthly charge unless I opted for their bundle, which I didn't want. I told them I was considering going to Plusnet due to the price hike so they kept me at the same price as before.

Have heard lots of horror stories about Talk Talk, espically when the time comes to end the relationship, Used to be with Tiscali but Talk Talk took over, however at the time they were unable to provibe me with a service here so let me go. Three years later the letters start, saying i owe money for unpaid bills etc . Took nine months to sort out. I personally would avoid them. Currently with Plus Net, fine so far.