gilbert bain hospital

ascoyard

went to visit a friend in casualty yesterday who was very ill and then went up to the high dependancy unit,the care that she recieved was superb in my opinion.the nurses were kind,friendly,attentive to my friend as well as us as visitors.i cant fault the nhs yesterday what a lucky country we are to have the nhs,some people moan about it,we usually only hear about it when things go wrong,but lets praise the people who work in it more often especially when the staff, inc.doctors,are second to none!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have twice had to go to GB in an emergency situation with someone and have foud the staff to be very kind and considerate to the relatives and friends who were there at the time ...Nothing was too much trouble..

Nurses and doctors who go the extra mile ....Now thats worth boasting about....you are all very much appreciated

I Have to agree, on the three occasions that I have found my self in A and E at the Gilbetbain I have found the nursing staff and doctors fantastic. On two of the three occasions I ended up on the ward for a week or so, where I found the ward staff to be very attentive especially the staff on night duty....Also (another positive) the food last time I was in (november) was excellent a huge improvement from the previous visit.

I must agree I've had to make several trips with various members of my family to Gilbert Bain and they were amazing! They were wonderful with my children and made the experience a positive one for them and the nurses and doctors couldn't do enough. I have only praises for the staff. Thank you very much for all you do.

I have been in the all the wards with one type of illness or another at the GBH over the past 20 years And have found all the staff from the Nurses, Doctors , Porters and Cleaners and all other who work behind the scenes. To be first class.

It’s just a shame that our councillors will spend the charitable trust money on rubbish under the pretext of Benefit of everybody. So why did they not invest Quality for once a new hospital with the latest diagnostic equipment a MRI Scanner and Breast Scanner Laser for Eye Treatment. Cancer Treatment ect

But no that would not fill there own back accounts with profit at the charitable trust expense

Hmmm....Okay, its been a few years, so the numpties may have moved on "retired"?!? or something, but I can't say I ever found GBH staff any better, or worse than staff anywhere else.

While there were many attentive, helpful, conscientious and very competent individuals, they were let down by a certain percentage of individuals who really should have never been let loose on the public in any job. That percentage generally rose in parallel wth the individuals' height up the career ladder....

Ward domestic staff and nurses were generally excellent, with a few notable exceptions, although I could have done without the daily enforced oratory of slagging off superiors/colleagues behind their backs, and a run down of the latest tiff with their partner/where they were planning a to go on the piss next/latest scandal in their immediate social circle that seemed to be compulsory when attending to "routine chores". Just because some of us may have appreared to be unconscious/sleeping, and only capable of very limited communication when conscious/awake, appearances are not always what they seem, and as often as not, you were heard loud and clear and understood. After a week, it was getting very, very dreary I'm afraid....

The senior nursing staff, I'm afraid tended to be more hit and miss, some were excellent, while others just had you going WTF?!?....Doctors however, were almost without exception, complete cretins!

I can assure you that the staff at the hospital were working to the highest of standards that day my friend was in a and e.I have worked in lots of hospitals inc. some big ones in London and the nurses and doctors here are better.be proud of the nhs staff here we are lucky to have a great team of them.

^^ Just to be clear, I've never used A&E, Outpatients or any of that guff at the GBH, so my observations are of the wards only. On one occasion covering a period of approx one month, I was in GBH > RIE with temporary transfers to the Western and St. John's > GBH.

The "culture shock" of comparing "staff culture" GBH v. RIE was astounding from a patient's perspective, the GBH conveyed the impression of being run very laxly in just about every way, the RIE very much the opposite, in the time I was there I can recall nothing worth complaining about. I wasn't in the Western long enough to give it a fair comment, but St. John's on the other hand, I found even more lax than the GBH in medical care, but considerably more attentive, helpful, discreet and considerate in patient services.