Scottish Football Discussion - 2006/07

Tomblands

And you can't have an EPL thread without an EssPeeEll thread.

The first weekend fixtures were announced today...

Bank of Scotland SPL opening weekend fixtures:

Saturday 29 July

Celtic v Kilmarnock

Dundee United v Falkirk

Dunfermline v Hearts

Hibernian v Aberdeen

Inverness CT v St Mirren

Sunday 30 July

Motherwell v Rangers

Nice start for Aberdeen, following on from Hibs (who we have a pretty decent record against of late) it's another 4 games before we have to play one of the Old Firm or Hearts so it should be a chance to get some points before facing them.

We're still waiting to hear a decision from Steven Hammell from Motherwell to see if he wants to move up north, that should hopefully be decided in the next couple of days.

And you can't have an EPL thread without an EssPeeEll thread.

The first weekend fixtures were announced today...

Bank of Scotland SPL opening weekend fixtures:

Saturday 29 July

Celtic v Kilmarnock

Dundee United v Falkirk

Dunfermline v Hearts

Hibernian v Aberdeen

Inverness CT v St Mirren

Sunday 30 July

Motherwell v Rangers

Nice start for Aberdeen, following on from Hibs (who we have a pretty decent record against of late) it's another 4 games before we have to play one of the Old Firm or Hearts so it should be a chance to get some points before facing them.

We're still waiting to hear a decision from Steven Hammell from Motherwell to see if he wants to move up north, that should hopefully be decided in the next couple of days.

We're hoping to get to Easter Road to watch the first match of the season depending on a few things.

I'm not holding my breath about Steven Hammell, it feels like years he's taking to make his mind up. The last I heard he was deciding between us and an unnamed English club.

Which two horses do you mean? :P

And the only peculiar thing I noticed was that Sellikfootballclub reserves (aka St Bribery) were away from home on the first day.

I'd have thought the 1st div champs would've had a home game to kick off their campaign.

St Bribery? Your not still bitter about 1986 are you Maroon man? Behave.

Success surely does bread insecurity and paranoia about fixing games, lying down etc now that Hearts are among the big boys.

A song for Moroned in Maywick.

T’was a Saturday in May 1986 the day that the nightmare began

We were odds on to win the League and Celtic were 6/1

Auld Reekie was buzzing and the tickets were scarce as champions elect we would be

We had a few drinks, and sang a few songs, then headed off to play Dundee.

Twelve o’clock noon and the buses arrived in a fleet of a thousand or more

We promised our friends we would bring back the League, not knowing what lay in store

As our bus made its way up Gorgie Rd, our new song we sang it with pride

One o’clock came and the last bus pulled out, t’was the day our lovely team died.

The scarves and banners they cracked in the wind as tear up the A85

We felt so excited we just had to win, it felt good just being alive

Our buses we left in Tannadice St, as we all crammed into the ground

Three o’clock came and the whistle was blown, Dens Park was a great wall of sound.

The Jam Tarts attacked and we hit the post a young lad beside us he faints

Half time came soon and the score line was blank, but Celtic put four past the Saints

Oh surely to God we’ll keep Dundee out and brother just think if we did

We’d be the champions for the first time in years, but then up stepped Albert Kidd

Kidd scored again and so did the Celts, and we held our heads in despair

No one believed that we’d lost the League, with just seven minutes to spare

Some of our players fled in dismay, and looked for a good place to hide

We stood around, helpless confused, the day our lovely team died

A visit to Dens is so eerie today, our can sorrow can know no relief

The nightmare you caused is still with us today from Tynecastle right down to Leith

The souvenirs gathered we all left behind, our programs and tickets are gone

The air speaks deafening silence, but the name Albert Kidd lingers on

T’was a Saturday in May 1986 the day that the nightmare began

We were odds on to win the League and Celtic were 6/1

Auld Reekie was buzzing and the tickets were scarce as champions elect we would be

We had a few drinks, and sang a few songs, then headed off to play Dundee.

Twelve o’clock noon and the buses arrived in a fleet of a thousand or more

We promised our friends we would bring back the League, not knowing what lay in store

As our bus made its way up Gorgie Rd, our new song we sang it with pride

One o’clock came and the last bus pulled out, t’was the day our lovely team died.

The scarves and banners they cracked in the wind as tear up the A85

We felt so excited we just had to win, it felt good just being alive

Our buses we left in Tannadice St, as we all crammed into the ground

Three o’clock came and the whistle was blown, Dens Park was a great wall of sound.

The Jam Tarts attacked and we hit the post a young lad beside us he faints

Half time came soon and the score line was blank, but Celtic put four past the Saints

Oh surely to God we’ll keep Dundee out and brother just think if we did

We’d be the champions for the first time in years, but then up stepped Albert Kidd

Kidd scored again and so did the Celts, and we held our heads in despair

No one believed that we’d lost the League, with just seven minutes to spare

Some of our players fled in dismay, and looked for a good place to hide

We stood around, helpless confused, the day our lovely team died

A visit to Dens is so eerie today, our can sorrow can know no relief

The nightmare you caused is still with us today from Tynecastle right down to Leith

The souvenirs gathered we all left behind, our programs and tickets are gone

The air speaks deafening silence, but the name Albert Kidd lingers on

Summed up for those who can't be bothered to read...

Hearts bottled it.

:wink:

St Bribery? Your not still bitter about 1986 are you Maroon man? Behave.

Bitter? Me? What on Earth would I have to be bitter about?

Surely not the SFL who refused the request to postpone the game when more than half the first team squad were suffering from a virus? And surely not the appointment of an Edinburgh-based referee who subsequently said that there was no way Hearts were going to get anything remotely controversial from him - not even the stonewalliest of stonewall penalties when Sandy Clark was chopped down 10 feet in front of him? Not St Bribery who 'mysteriously' happened to give their reserve goalkeeper his first outing of the season? Not Frank McGarvey and other Sellik-minded St Bribery players who were celebrating on the pitch with as much gusto as the Sellikfootballclub team?

No...I'm not bitter....just makes any success now sweeter, to have lived through THAT roller-coaster season.

Success surely does bread insecurity and paranoia about fixing games, lying down etc now that Hearts are among the big boys.

That doesn't follow....the point is that we DIDN'T have any success that season, so how can it have bred insecurity and paranoia?

Everyone outside of the Old Firm knows that they get the overwhelming majority of the breaks - New Year's Day game this year for example.

Surely it's only paranoia when they're NOT out to get you :wink:

The fact that you deliberately misrepresent my user name lessens considerably any impact you wish the remainder of the post to have.

Such ill-mannered and peurile behaviour has no place on a widely-respected forum such as this.

In future I shan't respond to any of your comments as I have an innate sense of fairness and it just wouldn't be right to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

The fact that you deliberately misrepresent my user name lessens considerably any impact you wish the remainder of the post to have.

Such ill-mannered and peurile behaviour has no place on a widely-respected forum such as this.

In future I shan't respond to any of your comments as I have an innate sense of fairness and it just wouldn't be right to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

:lol: :lol: It obviously had an impact upon you :lol: :lol:

Please excuse my spelling. Not everyone is perfect.

I think that Wheets was meaning that your paranoi started with the 'success' of this season. How many points did Hearts end up behind Celtic ? Surely not all down to dodgy refereeing decisions was it ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not holding my breath about Steven Hammell, it feels like years he's taking to make his mind up. The last I heard he was deciding between us and an unnamed English club.

He's away to Southend.. Bit of a bizarre move imo, I would have thought Aberdeen could top their wages atleast? Oh well, we don't need him anyway - good riddance :D

Charlie Mulgrew anyone? 8)

He's away to Southend.. Bit of a bizarre move imo, I would have thought Aberdeen could top their wages atleast? Oh well, we don't need him anyway - good riddance :D

Charlie Mulgrew anyone? 8)

Back at Celtic.