Astronomy

SnowFlake

Hiya can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as a Astronomy Club or similar here in Shetland. i have taken an intrest recently and i think this would be a great place for such a thing. Any info much appreciated :)

As others have said, there is one that might be worth getting in touch with but, it's only a great place if you can see they sky. Which isn't to often I'm afraid.

I've been 'into' astronmy for decades and the best advice I can give is to get a few books and a half decent pair of binoculars (8x50 or better. Don't worry about the magnification. More important is the size of the object lenses). Look and Learn and take it from there.

More help/info if required

The Mrs bought me a scope for my Christmas. Got it set up last week and although I am fumbling through it'd be good to get some tips from the likes of a local club. I have signed up to an excellent forum but having something and people local and live would be good.

I thought I heard that there was a club and that it met at the Asta Golf Club (house).

Anyone got anymore to offer on Snowflakes original message?

Anyone got a contact for the guy who writes for the Times once a month?

^^^

Chris Brown on Triondra writes for the Times

http://www.britastro.org/dark-skies/lo.htm?1O

Cheers GT,

I'll drop an email and see what he knows of a club.

I'll post on here if I get anything positive for Snowflake and others.

Message returned as permanently undeliverable to the address.

Back to the drawing board. Next Fridays Times should have the stargazing sectio in it and there may be a clue there.

^^^

Cheers GT,

Back to the drawing board. Next Fridays Times should have the stargazing sectio in it and there may be a clue there.

But you must have failed to notice that clicking on the little envelope actually brings up a real postal address.......means you have to send a real letter in a real envelope with a real stamp on it. Kind of quaint isn't it?.

^^^

Cheers GT,

I see his e-mail in phone directory is now cassie.langa@btinternet.com

[Message returned as permanently undeliverable to the address.

But you must have failed to notice that clicking on the little envelope actually brings up a real postal address.......means you have to send a real letter in a real envelope with a real stamp on it. Kind of quaint isn't it?.

Ah, yes I did fail to notice that JustMe. A better option than the smoke signals that were my first thought :lol: :wink:

[Message returned as permanently undeliverable to the address.

Ah, yes I did fail to notice that JustMe. A better option than the smoke signals that were my first thought :lol: :wink:

Ah yes.......the smoke signals. With the wrong sort of wind the smoke just blows out to sea instead of heading to its intended recipient.