Derelict Houses

Angel

People don't need to be warned about crazy gun-toting crofters who open fire on househunters, lost tourists, and innocent passers-by, for the simple reason those crazy gun-toting crofters are a figment of your imagination.

Really.... I could PM you a list of names and addresses and/or map references you could try visiting, if you like.

Having problems telling the difference between Deliverance, The Wicker Man, and reality, are we?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghosty, The post you refer to is one isolated incident and you can't justify your bizarre attitude on the basis of that. I'm wholly unconvinced that there are many others with such an attitude, or is there some form of secret club, given that you appear to have a list of its members available to email? The whole sorry debate has been turned into a predjudiced rant and I don't intend taking any further part in it.

For kind attentions of Mr Ghostly Rider

Sir - I am informed that you have put your house for sale on this Shetlink internet forum.

Please could you let me know when I can bring my wife, her mother, my aunts, uncles and children, to inspect inside your property at your earliest convenience?

We like the outside very much.

If you can find any house of mine for sale on this forum, that I have put there, you can go and inspect it all you like, as apparently you know more about things I may or may not have, or may have done than I do....

People don't need to be warned about crazy gun-toting crofters who open fire on househunters, lost tourists, and innocent passers-by, for the simple reason those crazy gun-toting crofters are a figment of your imagination.

Really.... I could PM you a list of names and addresses and/or map references you could try visiting, if you like.

Having problems telling the difference between Deliverance, The Wicker Man, and reality, are we?

Who or what are "Deliverance, The Wicker Man"?

oh come on ghosty using papa stour as your reference is stretching it. they have been fighting since the 12th century. anyway that was not a house hunting related pycotic episode just a slight diffrence on an ecumenical matter. more a pile of poo really.

mmm just thinking the wickerman and officaldom. however it would cost too much to import the willow. can't we do the chaining at lowtide instead. much better than burning. unless we rename it the pallet man.

plus was the main trouble maker an englishman. not some old crofter.

unlink. as your not familier with crofting law just a small point. to gain a croft house that has not been decrofted requires the consent of the landowner and the current crofter. this then needs to go to the commision before a tenancy would exsist. only after that could the tenant start the process of decrofting and buying so very unlikely to be getting a lawyer at the hunting stage.

and as long as the crofter is farming the croft there is no law that can make them sell. plus the ruin will no longer be classed as a house more as a agri shed.

Phew!!!! after reading all of the posts on this topic, I bet Angel is sorry she posted now :?

Bet she thought she'd asked a simple question, instead she started a war. Angel take heart, there's a lot of nice Shetland folk about and incomers as well :)

When I speak to friends/family etc around the world about how friendly Shetland is, I say 'To live here, it's not about your accent, it's about your attitude...'

Some worrying attitudes on this thread.

I doot some o' wis Ness crofters must be a different breed den. Maybe there is some substance in the folklore dat old Olla Sinclair 'o Broo and his tribe pat hit aboot among da local weemin brawly weel.

Who or what are "Deliverance, The Wicker Man"?

Classics of the cinema, my boy, classics of the cinema.

But, since we don't want you getting even more daft ideas into your head, perhaps you should stick to The Sound of Music.

I don't "do" films. Couldn't get in to fairy tales as a toddler, still can't as an old dodderer.

Phew!!!! after reading all of the posts on this topic, I bet Angel is sorry she posted now :?

Bet she thought she'd asked a simple question, instead she started a war. Angel take heart, there's a lot of nice Shetland folk about and incomers as well :)

It was a simple, and perfectly acceptable question. The problem was the choice of terminology and phraseology chosen to ask it, that was guaranteed to raise hackles, and it did.

It ain't what you do, its the way that you do it....

Guest posiedon
Ghostrider

The problem was the choice of terminology and phraseology chosen

Yes, there's quite a lot of that on this forum, as well as bad grammar and atrocious spelling.

(Not aimed at you) :wink: