Shetland Football 2012

penfold

A source close to Lowrie says that he was attending a night class in Intermediate 2 Business Administration at the AHS, after fears that Lerwick Celtic were close to entering administration.

Gary 'Smudger' Smith, AHS Business Administration teacher and Lerwick Celtic's Treasurer was unavailable for comment.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the league will be close again i think but with jordan webb leaving celtic that will be a massive blow to them so they will need to replace him to challenge i would think, and i dont think there is a player out there good enough to do the job who doesnt have a club! Whalsay will be strong as usual and should make a huge challenge for the league title..Spurs will be glad with the signings they have made with both paul malloy and nathan macdonald top players! Whitedale if they sign david thompson will have a squad getting more experienced every season and could challenge for silverware yet again this season, also young left sided player connel richardson, back after injury is a positive for whitedale! As for the rest if they can pick up points along the way who knows what could happen, maybe cup competitions will be there best shot at silverware!

Re my last post on my predictions:

Celtic will struggle now with no Jordan Webb, probably the one player they couldn't afford to lose and will struggle to replace.

Spurs on the other hand with Webb and Molloy now signed will be very tough to beat. I think the signing of Webb will boost them and give them a bit more confidence. I still think they stuggle at the back but I think top 2 now!

I dont think thomspon has made up his mind yet as far as iv heard?

Rumours flying about why Jordan Webb left Cletic, I personally spoke to him and the reasons he gave me were the same iv heard from a few people. I think the bottom line was that he simply wasn't happy, as far as i gather celtic training has been poorly attended with little effort through the players that are home was what sealed it for him. any other rumours about why he left he says are rubbish. Spurs came and what they said obviously appealed to him, if he is going to be happier training and playing there then thats his decision. In the end for all the boys playing in Shetland, if your not enjoying your hobby then your fighting a losing battle, Webb has taken a big step and from what i hear has recieved a lot of stick about it. I'm sure he will let his football do the talking on the pitch this coming season to try and silence that. Although I have heard that Webb's signature isn't actually on paper yet..

You have to feel for Celtic though, with lots of boys away at university and that problem only likely to get worse over the next couple of years, could things become worse?

Any other signings??

celtic wont be struggling, if anything they will go from strength to strength with there young team!! one player doesnt make a team.....

One player doesn't make a team, that is correct but if you take a player of Webb's calibre out of the equation its not too difficult to see that it will take some player to replace him. I can't see who that someone will be, not sure if the Fenwick boy can play in that position or not, we'll just have to see what happens but I'm betting 3rd place for the Celts this season!

i agree when you say 1 player doesnt make a team because it certainly does not...BUT taking the sfa player of the year out of any team would be a massive blow and it will damage celtics chances of the league, massive coup for spurs, along with the signings of malloy and macdonald they are very strong in midfield so it could be an interesting season! I certainly hope so :D