Surfing/Bodyboarding compadres

magni1984

Now then!!

How goes it? So you want to get out bodyboarding then? I've been bodyboarding here in shetland for nearly 10 years. It would be nice to have a fellow bodyboarder. I go out with surfers all the time. Dont get me wrong they're a fantastic bunch of guys, and girls. I work for the hydro and I'm on standby this weekend so can't get out I'm afraid. Plus I dont think the swell will be up to much. Hopfully next weekend will be more promising.

Cheers Jared

• 1 month later...

Shetland was voted as one of the top 10 places to visit before you die by 360 body boarding magazine alongside Cape Verde, Tazmania etc.

Some fantastic waves.

Jared will tell you where to go, the south end is just full of spots and I'll happily share them all on the forum.

Shetland may be a small place but the more in the water the better.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm in a similar situation. I've just moved to Shetland last month and really keen to get put surfing.

I've surfed since last summer, definitely still in the beginner category. It would be great to meet anyone to head out with and show me a few spots if willing.

I do a bit of photography so if anyone wanted a few shots taken for showing me around I'd be more than happy. (Obviously they would not be publicised)!

Few sample pics here from wonderful morocco

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/set=a.10151163324140262.785548.706135261&type=3&l=b05e845fd1

• 1 month later...