Snow Patrol at Folk Test?

Guest Auld Meerkat

Christ, I hope not. Blandest band ever, in my humble opinion

I would also suggest that The Folk Festival is a 'folk' festival by name only these days. I'm not saying that that 's necessarily a bad thing - an eclectic mix is fine. I suppose you could argue that, by catering for everyone they're maybe spreading themselves a bit thinly, but nivir leet.

Just don't call it a folk festival. Simples.

Guest Auld Meerkat

Thanks for info guys - must have got wrong info at pub but have checked out folk fest. site - still looks wierd though. A folk band was playing at a snow patrol gig ?- like it might have been Capercaillie or Fiddler's Bid instead? So Admiral Fallow with " its usal indie lineup" is headlining the Shetland Folk Festival because it has "favourite new band status with folk POP and INDIE opinion" Sometimes I think we should have the trades description people investigating the folk fest in recent years

I have to agree with 'Horns'O' Da Geo'

"Just dont call it a folk festival.Simples"

Christ, I hope not. Blandest band ever, in my humble opinion

They put on a good show live though. Watched The Killers at the AECC in 2009, then saw Snow Patrol the following weekend. Killers were good, but the crowd atmosphere was miserable - whereas the following weekend the whole of the AECC crowd were going mental singing and dancing.

I've found that quite often the concerts I expect the most from are the one's that most disappoint and vice versa.