Shetland Dentists

BigMouth

Guest Anonymous

I spent the best part of £3000 with tinkler at owens and for sure I will never darken their door ever again.

Crap work and it will cost at least as much again to put right

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we're all supposed to be accepting mass cuts in the public sector etc etc, but why can't dentistry be properly nationalised and free like NHS treatment? Is it really such a radical ultra-left idea? One less Trident Nuclear sub would probably pay for most of it...

I actually have hellish tooth-ache at the moment, but I'm holding off going to a dentist as I'm no longer registered, dunno which one to go to, I'm unsure of cost and work is a bit swamped at the moment so it'd be hard to blag the time off... plus I don't really know how these emergency appointments work.

Anyone got any suggestions other than the old Door-and-String solution?

• 2 months later...

I uttered a hollow laugh when I saw this in the Shetland Times yesterday, in the piece about Nicola Sturgeon praising Shetland NHS:

Ms Sturgeon also picked up on the waiting lists in Shetland for adults to see a dentist, which continue to be long, particularly in Lerwick. According to Mr Kinniburgh the board will decide by the end of next March whether the business case stacks up for a new four-chair dental surgery.

So, if a 5 year waiting list doesn't automatically make the case for a new dental surgery, what the hell will!?

Note: I said "5 year" to be on the safe side; I know people who have been on the list for longer than that, one of them in particular slowly getting his teeth hauled one by one due to his inability to get any preventive dentistry. Inquiries to Montfield about the current waiting time generally meet with polite evasion, suggesting it's gone up again.....

It certainly is a tad frustrating being on the list and the Toll Clock dentist's charges are positively exorbitant. My wife and I are probably still 3 years + from being at the top of the list having been on it for over two years already.

How do people get removed from the list of patients? There may be people who have moved away or folks who have died and the practice hasn't been informed.

I got a letter from Montfield a while ago asking if I wanted to remain on the waiting list. I guess anyone not replying to a similar letter would be removed.

Yep - we replied to that letter as well. Hopefully, our replies didn't get lost in the post!

I have always had very good service when using the dentist at Brae and have been going there for a long time now.

Thank goodness we have such good Dentists here, that's a commodity we would not like to lose, it's not that long since there were no dentists or the ones that did come left rather abruptly.

hmmm , went in wi teethache to brae there last year n most say the non uk lady dentist i had treated me mouth a bit like a welder prepping heavy steel , i can easy wait another 5 year to see that effer

Try going to the Dentist every 6 months.

That way you wouldn't have rotten teeth or a mouth that probably tastes like a well-used rivlin :)

I have always had very good service when using the dentist at Brae and have been going there for a long time now.

Thank goodness we have such good Dentists here, that's a commodity we would not like to lose, it's not that long since there were no dentists or the ones that did come left rather abruptly.

am sorry i was not graphic , is just that one , i had one just after that was simply great , no misunderstanding intended