Shetland Telecom

smeghead

There shouldn't be a problem betwen the receiver and the computer. It's just a standard ethernet cable.

If you are getting 1.25Mbps connecting directly and 0.4Mbps when using the router then it's a problem with the router (which in turn will be causing problems with the SureSignal).

We are in the middle of 'prime time' at the moment... so 1.25Mbps is probably the norm. When I got Ian to check at 4pm you were getting 9.6Mbps. The contention on the C&W link from Vidlin to Lerwick is the issue. Could you repeat the test (plugged directly in to computer) at about 9pm tonight and let me know how you get on.

I might have a spare router knocking around at the house you can get.

Ian is working on the iPlayer problem.

Cheers

Marvin

CBP side Ethernet is set to 192.168.2.x range, individual IP handed out by DHCP

System is detecting another DHCP server working in the 192.168.1.x range....... recipe for disaster!

How have you got your network sertup ?

Ah, well now I feel a bit silly for muttering obscenities at my laptop late last night when the iPlayer wasn't working. I've missed the last 6 episodes of Silent Witness and now they're gone. :(

Sorry to hear that.

Have you tried iplayer today ? If it still says you can't acess from Mongolia, then try clearing cookies.

Not guaranteeing it will work, but we got it working in the office today.

There is no technical problem with the network. The refusal to accept that CBP is located in the UK is due to a rather poor technical choice by the BBC of how they determine this status.

Ah, well now I feel a bit silly for muttering obscenities at my laptop late last night when the iPlayer wasn't working. I've missed the last 6 episodes of Silent Witness and now they're gone. :(

The problems Hairyian is referring to is only applicable to the Shetland Telecom/Shetland Broadband network in Vidlin and Fetlar. ADSL customers in Shetland should not be affected.

^ New laptop. Hadn't tried to install it until the other day and it won't install. Nothing. Nada. I tried downloading the episodes I wanted for Windows Media Player, which was successful, but then it couldn't connect to a server for the D?? whatever it is it needs to play properly. :(

^ New laptop. Hadn't tried to install it until the other day and it won't install. Nothing. Nada. I tried downloading the episodes I wanted for Windows Media Player, which was successful, but then it couldn't connect to a server for the D?? whatever it is it needs to play properly. :(

What is the meaning of D in your post..?? If you have any problem to connect Internet or Wi-Fi then you can use Ethernet Cable or wireless router which provide high speed Internet connection.