97 members have voted

1. 1. Should Same-sex marriage be made Legal

• Yes
    • no

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that same sex marraige should be legal. Anyone should be allowed to marry if they feel they want too.

What i dont agree with is it being forced upon the church to accept and allow. If that is the churches veiw, why would "gays" want to get merried there anyway?

Its like a personal opinion, it shouldnt be forced upon anyone.

^^ But most already do, as far as I have seen. As explained before its not the church thats the issue but the legal side, in that a civil partnership is not the same as a marriage.

I know a few same sex couples and all of them have been married in church, both christian and catholic.

A church can be anything or anywhere really. It does seem to be a protest from some Christian types as well as other denominations about being forced to take these ceremonies, of which, the plan is, not to.

It is about the fair treatment of couples who are in love and want to be able to have the same rights as partners as those who have been joined legally in a wedding ceremony, also those who want to move their civil partnership to the stature of marriage.

It is about ending discrimination.

I voted yes.

Unfortunately I can't remember where I read it so I can't give credit, but someone said recently that the C of E was invented so that a king could get a divorce. I can't argue with that.

I have a book called God is not great; how religion poisons everything. The title about sums it up for me. Religious bodies have too much control over our lives in the UK by holding the positions of power that they do.

OUCH, me ears! Sorry, I'm such an old git but I remember Mick Jagger finding out his wedding abroad didn't mean jack in the UK but yep, happy again to admit I'm wrong and that times have changed. In addition, not all countries will permit you to marry in there if you are divorced like, for example, Cuba.

Utter nonsense, I am divorced, and off to Cuba in November to get married

OUCH, me ears! Sorry, I'm such an old git but I remember Mick Jagger finding out his wedding abroad didn't mean jack in the UK but yep, happy again to admit I'm wrong and that times have changed. In addition, not all countries will permit you to marry in there if you are divorced like, for example, Cuba.

Utter nonsense, I am divorced, and off to Cuba in November to get married

Yep, perish the thought, things are allowed to change and nice to hear that they have. (Either that or the FCO had the wrong info up before) Hope you have a great time.

Its the same thing as those people wanting to marry their dogs or couches, I see nothing wrong with it, they should be allowed.

Difference being such objects couldn't consent, so you're trivialising things somewhat.

They absolutely should be allowed, but why a same-sex couple would want to have their partnership recognised by the church - a body that considers their actions sinful - is completely beyond comprehension for me.

They absolutely should be allowed, but why a same-sex couple would want to have their partnership recognised by the church - a body that considers their actions sinful - is completely beyond comprehension for me.

Seriously you can't comprehend two christian homosexuals wanting to get married in a church.