Insurance claims

whiskin

Para, try reading the posts. it was covered on this very page, the first page.!!!

There were a spate of "claims" in Shetland. Folk were claiming some Council vehicles had damaged private vehicle, they had trackers/G.P.S. systems fitted.

One thing is that all these types of claims (Preston being one of the worst) is they add to premiums, and as premiums go up, the tax you pay increases.

The down side if you stop the practice of no win no fee, is that you could be removing the means for justice for those who would not be able to afford these claims privately. You are charged by the ambulance service for a start.

Though companies will only deal with those it will win generally, there is no money in loosing, except the payment from the insurance to cover loosing. So, premiums go up and you pay more tax.

I got whiplash in a restaurant a few years ago, the folk on the next table had dropped and smashed the pepper pot, should I have claimed?

Shetlandpeat it’s not all false claims one of the cars hit was mine with witness and video footage

Of the so called accident.

And the driver of said council pick-up knocking on my door to say he had hit my car! It still took weeks to get the council to admit there tracking system was wrong.