Do you buy Shetland milk?

sweetsmucks

Do you buy Shetland milk?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy Shetland milk?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

The dairy invested a lot of money in a new packaging plant last year, yes there has been some teething problems, but they have been working very hard to overcome these.

As is with most things some folks will never be pleased and some others will put anything down because it is Shetland.

Me I will continue to buy and support local and try to keep as much money in the local economy for the good of everyone that lives in Shetland. By doing so I will reduce product miles from producer to consumer and reduce my carbon footprint so maybe even AT might be happy with that, but I doubt it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I saw a leaking milk container it was being bought by the customer in front of me in Tesco and the checkout operator noticed the leak and got someone to get a replacement. Noticed that this was not Shetland milk but something from south. So you see it is not only Shetland Farm Dairies who can produce the odd leaking container.

The dairy invested a lot of money in a new packaging plant last year, yes there has been some teething problems, but they have been working very hard to overcome these.

As is with most things some folks will never be pleased and some others will put anything down because it is Shetland.

Me I will continue to buy and support local and try to keep as much money in the local economy for the good of everyone that lives in Shetland. By doing so I will reduce product miles from producer to consumer and reduce my carbon footprint so maybe even AT might be happy with that, but I doubt it.

a true Friend of the Earth. Hope restored :wink:

• 3 months later...

Rumour control tells me that the dairy situation may soon reach crisis point. The dairy invested heavily in new equipment not to upset anyone or have an inferior product. But because they thought they were doing the right thing.

I will continue to support a local business as I believe the dairy is a resource that we should have locally.

I have bought a 2L carton of Shetland milk almost every day for years and in that time I can only think of 1 leaking lid and maybe 2 times when the milk has not lasted. The milk not lasting I put down to the CO-OP.

I simply check the carton when I pick it up in the shop and when I see it doesn't leak buy it.

Rumour control tells me that the dairy situation may soon reach crisis point. The dairy invested heavily in new equipment not to upset anyone or have an inferior product. But because they thought they were doing the right thing.

I will continue to support a local business as I believe the dairy is a resource that we should have locally.

I have bought a 2L carton of Shetland milk almost every day for years and in that time I can only think of 1 leaking lid and maybe 2 times when the milk has not lasted. The milk not lasting I put down to the CO-OP.

I simply check the carton when I pick it up in the shop and when I see it doesn't leak buy it.

Well said mikeyboy, another thread full of bitching. I've had pretty much the same experience as you. When i buy Shetland milk I give it a shake to see if it's leaking, if it is, I swap it, simple. I've had a few problems getting the top peeled back but nothing a knife can't handle.

Well said mikeyboy, another thread full of bitching. I've had pretty much the same experience as you. When i buy Shetland milk I give it a shake to see if it's leaking, if it is, I swap it, simple. I've had a few problems getting the top peeled back but nothing a knife can't handle.

I also have to laugh at the bitchin on here aboot leaking cartons and hard to pull tops......cos if you didn't you'd greet.

Why can't people do the same as above its THAT simple, give the bloody carton a shake or is that too dificult?

Also the pish aboot the lids being to tough to rip open??? As Piddly says do Shetlinkers not use knives??

Its such a shame that it's looking like thy may have to wind up.....if thats true!

I'm sorry when the milk gets delivered I find it a bit hard to shake all 25 jugs, and as for getting a knife, if you got a customer waiting you grab what ever you can to get the bloomin thing open.

At home the sharp knifes can't be around grandmother she's come up with using a ball point pen.

But it still doesn't resolve the inferior taste.