Total Hotel

engineer21

I see this has been approved, whilst im neither here nor there regarding is it a good idea or not, iam surprised to read that certain hotels are worried about the long term effects - surely if they were worried they should have at least put in an objection?
must admit iam surprised that there were no objections, i would have thought this was direct competition for not only hotels but everyone whos housing total workers? eventually (10+yrs) steady workers will live in shetland and there will be no need for 3 hotels in brae plus numorous houses rented to oil workers. i will bet a good dollar that the total one will be there for the life of the gas plant!

like i said its neither here nor there for me, plus points are good lots of jobs etc i just found it strange that no one ojected

You can't object just because you thik it will be opposition to your business

That seems to be the business way up here, rather than buck up and compeat with compertition, they seem to moan and try to sabatise others so we the customer has a limited choise. (like they did to Hodge, toll clock and tescos)

I'd say to the other 2 hotels its time to compeat for your customers and not sit back doing nothing, so get the decorators in and 'do' up your hotels invest in your staff/products, and you might do quite well out of the situation.

You could even try some premotions or discounts to get customers into your busnies and your village.

good luck

yep ill aggree with fusion on that.

although i thought you could object if it impacts on your business?? isnt that what the town centre ass did with tesco? and hodge?

i just found it strange not one objection to such a large building and business.

Nothing stopping anyone objecting on any grounds. Just the law says on what grounds one can legally object.

Fusion doesn't seem to have noticed that the Brae Hotel has lifted its act by completely overhauling the exterior, offering good deals on Sunday lunches etc. Busta has many good offers, competitions, seasonal extras and is tastefully decorated. Naturally other hoteliers will be concerned as this will impact on their business which does well out of season from passing/storm stayed oil workers/total business men etc.

Fusion doesn't seem to have noticed that the Brae Hotel has lifted its act by completely overhauling the exterior, offering good deals on Sunday lunches etc. Busta has many good offers, competitions, seasonal extras and is tastefully decorated. Naturally other hoteliers will be concerned as this will impact on their business which does well out of season from passing/storm stayed oil workers/total business men etc.

I did notice the dramatic change to the outside of the Brae Hotel, who couldn't! however, if you say they have bucked up allready, then they have nothing to worry about, so why have they been pleepsin to the press, 'oh poor wee us'

so they should be shouting bring it on.....

(the use of the word 'they' is not directly aimed at the Brae Hotle, its who ever moaned in the articals in the press in general)

Sadly, it looks absolutely dreadful and is reminencent of the Firth council houses.

http://pa.shetland.gov.uk/online-applications/files/DCB54CB7213D6019C35EA5D663B5E801/pdf/2011_367_PPF-APPROVED_PROPOSED_NORTH_AND_WEST_ELEVATIONS-55678.pdf

http://pa.shetland.gov.uk/online-applications/files/5666C3543CC9F251240B9B84186D312D/pdf/2011_367_PPF-APPROVED_PROPOSED_SOUTH_AND_EAST_ELEVATIONS-55679.pdf

Why, oh why, did the planning dept not advice them at earlier stage that is was a pretty awful design and get them to produce something a little better?.

:(

Sadly, it looks absolutely dreadful and is reminencent of the Firth council houses.

http://pa.shetland.gov.uk/online-applications/files/DCB54CB7213D6019C35EA5D663B5E801/pdf/2011_367_PPF-APPROVED_PROPOSED_NORTH_AND_WEST_ELEVATIONS-55678.pdf

http://pa.shetland.gov.uk/online-applications/files/5666C3543CC9F251240B9B84186D312D/pdf/2011_367_PPF-APPROVED_PROPOSED_SOUTH_AND_EAST_ELEVATIONS-55679.pdf

Why, oh why, did the planning dept not advice them at earlier stage that is was a pretty awful design and get them to produce something a little better?.

:(

Oh why did no one else do something about it?!"!

The plans were available for all to see. An objection could have been raised

Regarding this. Folk were not concerned or did not care.

The fact that it appears the one most vocal about buildings in Shetland has

Let this happen withou any protest, oh, until it is too late. Kavi, you let that one go there.