Where ARE the best places to eat and have good coffee?

ThePeerieTrow

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Havely food is really good, but the wait times are a bit long at times. I think that it's popularity is killing it for me. They are certainy generous with the egg mayo filling in the sandwiches. The bread is lovely; I wonder where they buy it from?

Not sure when you've been in but it's not very busy most days.

I've been three times now to give it a fair look.

The fillings I had were very skimpy, the carrot cake we bought was more icing than cake and when we brought it to the attention of the staff the manager refused to refund me and was extremely rude and arrogant.

The wait time for our drinks and food all three times was very long

The last time was Thursday last and was shocked yet again at how the manager treated the young teenagers working there and how disrespectful and unkind her tone and language was. Had yet another problem with our order and the manager actually told me I had to pay for their mistake and if that was a problem didn't need to bother coming back. They overcharged me and I was chastised for daring to ask for my monies back that they shouldn't have taken. absolutely tyrannical!

Overall will not be going back there nor will I be recommending it to anyone! The food isn't that good nor the coffee, service, nor baking to put up with that.

Ok rant over!

The Havely food is really good, but the wait times are a bit long at times. I think that it's popularity is killing it for me. They are certainy generous with the egg mayo filling in the sandwiches. The bread is lovely; I wonder where they buy it from?

Not sure when you've been in but it's not very busy most days.

I've been three times now to give it a fair look.

The fillings I had were very skimpy, the carrot cake we bought was more icing than cake and when we brought it to the attention of the staff the manager refused to refund me and was extremely rude and arrogant.

The wait time for our drinks and food all three times was very long

The last time was Thursday last and was shocked yet again at how the manager treated the young teenagers working there and how disrespectful and unkind her tone and language was. Had yet another problem with our order and the manager actually told me I had to pay for their mistake and if that was a problem didn't need to bother coming back. They overcharged me and I was chastised for daring to ask for my monies back that they shouldn't have taken. absolutely tyrannical!

Overall will not be going back there nor will I be recommending it to anyone! The food isn't that good nor the coffee, service, nor baking to put up with that.

Ok rant over!

My trips to the Havely have usually been on a Saturday morning. There are few people on the street first thing until 10 am, but the Havely tends to fill up on Saturday morning.

I had a coffee in the Peerie Cafe on Friday. I must have arrived at the wrong time as it took 30 minutes to get the mug then it was luke warm, though my partner's was fine. I should have complained really, but I could see that most of the staff were hard at it. The waits for service have been long before and I have wondered if they need to invest in a better coffee machine. I wouldn't mind the old one, but it might look a bit ridiculous in the kitchen of a one-bed house.

I have discovered that Flames is good for a takeaway capuccino on a Saturday whilst I wait for my bus. They caught me out this week by making it super hot and not filling the cup. Sounds like I am never happy, but it tasted great. They need to invest in some of the carboard cup holders though.