Gollywogs - is this guy for real?.

Kavi Ugl

Makes Interesting Reading

Proud to be White

Michael Richards makes his point......

Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point.

This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points...

Someone finally said it. H ow many are actually paying attention to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'.... and that's OK.

But when I call you, <uuh uhh anality!! moo! sproot!>, Kike, Towel head, Sand-<uuh uhh anality!! moo! sproot!>, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists.. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships... You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud.... But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point.

This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points...

Not really. If you had heard the original outburst that he faced court over; I would have thought it more prudent if he just said sorry then stfu.

Last week it was announced that wearing a cross at work is now banned because it can cause grave offence to certain people

Jesus wept! offence to who? They got fricken vampires workin there, or what?

Last week it was announced that wearing a cross at work is now banned because it can cause grave offence to certain people .What do you make of that.

Last time I read about something like that I thought it was ANY necklace/jewellery, not just a cross. Maybe there was another reason, do you have the source?

And for the record, I don't read any paper (except ST).

P.S. I object to 'masses prejudices', if that was directed at me. I have friends of various genders and colours, no prejudice here. My comment that certain sectors have taken political correctness too far is hardly controversial.

Shetland as a whole is not racist. Racism exists, I've seen it and heard it, but it's far from the norm. In any congregation of folk there will be some disharmony. However, Shetlanders do not share the social and economic factors that are the seeds of most racism and are unlikely to. Sure, a number of immigrant workers may have come into the isles of late, but there has been no detrimental economic impact to the 'indigenous' Shetlander. ie, there's nobody down the dole queue who can claim (legitimately or otherwise) that their job has been 'taken by the Polish' etc. Additionally, there can be no sense that Shetland life has been in anyway affected by racial migration - there are simply so few ethnic minorities to make it an issue.

It is for these reasons that I think the GollyWog toys are genuinely bereft of racial undertones and are a product of the blessed naivety many of us share with regards to the racial relations elsewhere. Shetland has it's idiots, but these toys should not be seen as alluding to some sort of latent xenophobia. Honestly, they're just toys.

:thmbsup :lik:

Last week it was announced that wearing a cross at work is now banned because it can cause grave offence to certain people .What do you make of that.

I don't know, robert. I can't make anything of it because you haven't bothered to provide a link to the original story or announcement so I can judge for myself.

For all I know, it could just be the Daily Heil stirring up it's usual garbage, or it could be some Xtian making a fuss in an occupation where all jewellery is banned for hygiene reasons, like nursing or scientific work, or an occupation which has a uniform requirement and a cross is not part of the uniform, or any other of a multitude of reasons.

Or it could be some jobsworth over-reacting to some equality legislation, like you say.

Why don't you post a link to the source of this story so we can decide?

Just google christians banned from wearing crosses at work

OK. I googled it, and right enough, it's just the Daily Heil stirring the shit.

This is not about banning the cross. It's about Xtians claiming that wearing the cross is a requirement of their religion like turbans for Sikhs, when clearly it isn't, and then getting their persecution complexes on when told to shut up and get on with their jobs. If your job has a dress code or uniform requirement, and a cross breaches that, tough titty, you can't claim a religious exemption from the rules. It's got nothing to do with discrimination as any and all jewellery would be covered by these rules, and crosses are just another piece of jewellery.

Proud to be White

He didn't make these points and he never went to court for this. He made an apology on Letterman (I think it was).

If you think he was justified in saying the things he did then I'm sure you'll be able to explain why in your opinion. Is what he said really the same as calling someone a tooney?

Oh, I remember this occurring when she was sent home by British Airways. She's just lost her Appeal (Trust The Guardian reporting is okay with you then eh AT?)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2012/mar/12/cross-nadia-eweida-religious-symbols

Proud to be White

Someone finally said it. H ow many are actually paying attention to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'.... and that's OK.

But when I call you, , Kike, Towel head, Sand-, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP. You have BET... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists.. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships... You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud.... But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

American cut and paste tripe aimed at the witless. Nothing more.

Yes it was a cut and paste from an email i was sent, and i never prclaimed to have written it myself, but its the point i am trying to make.

Why can only whites be racist?

I can think of better ways of making a point, but I get what you mean.

Whites aren't the only racists - far from it.

BTW: I'd put whoever sent you that email on your spam list if I were you :wink:

Im not a rasict, i dont have any hatered towards anybody chosen by race, culture etc...

i'll laugh at rasict jokes, sexist joke, blond jokes. bearing in mind, these are only rasict of sexist if someone finds them that.

The issue comes down complete to hypersesitivty.

If your hypersensitive, you'll find a gollywog offensive.

Take Australia as an example In Australia many young people of Greek, Italian, Lebanese, Syrian and other Mediterranean descent have reclaimed the name "wog" as a humorous identifier.