Shetland Gamers

What is best  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is best

• Xbox
    • Ps3
    • Pc

I have an aging PC on which I play Cod4 online.

I also have a xbox360 + games that I was given, I have to say Red Dead Redemption is a great game :D Finished the game so I don't play the xbox much now.

Red Dead is 1 of the best games ever!! Try playing multiplayer if u have completed it, its way funner

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got Assassins Creed : Revelations, Batman Arkham City and Infamous 2 for Christmas. I love my wife!! But now I'm finished them all... sob!

I can't wait for Assassins Creed 3, it looks fantastic! "Last of the Mohicans" is one of my favourite films, the combat scenes are superb. So the chance to hunt and kill with tomahawk and knife, running through trees and along branches? Awesome!! :twisted:

I also thoroughly enjoyed the vampire DLC on Infamous 2. The original still ranks as one of my favourites.

Now I'm sitting with Black Ops, MoH, Bioshock 1 & 2, Op Flashpoint:Dragon Rising, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Just Cause 2 & Mafia 2 (scored on a great low price bid on eBay!!). Any recommendations as to which to play first?

I'm a sniper, by choice. I like the stealth games. don't like the "rush in & shoot anything that moves" approach. That's why I'm looking forward so much to the new AC game, as well as the new Hitman (big bad baldy-heid Number 47 again, after all these years... there IS a god! :D )

"CAMPER"?? (bemused, puzzled, perplexed).

I used to have a great laugh online in some rooms, playing the superb (in their day) "Delta Force Land Warrior" games. I spent a whole evening potting a work colleague (who didn't know I played) every time he spawned in the game. It drove him nuts!! He went on and on to me, next day at work, about this b*st*rd who kept killing him! Another time I had this yank tosspot, who used to post Rambo-esque lines in the Chat, so I trailed him and killed him from a good distance every time he appeared. I'd always let him get into his "secure" position and line up on the target, then... "pffft!" and I'd post "night-night". He ended up with this hysterical rant about flying the Atlantic, finding me and gutting me before eating my innards and burning my house down round me! Honestly, some people take games far too seriously! :wink:

If you like sniping then Red Dead Redemption is a good one, Huge map .

I hate games like Black ops and battlefield, they all seem the same to me.

AC3 looks great, i saw a dog in one of the pics so maybe there will be animals attacking you. I mainly play the multiplayer in ACR now that i have completed it. Using the mic is so funny, Americans cant take the british sence of humor at all lol

Yeah, re AC3, they're taking a leaf out of Red Dead, and you can hunt and skin animals for trade (and they can attack you, like wolves and bears). I think there may be a skill for luring the predators into your enemies, to thin them out or cause distraction as you attack from the trees. So the bloggers seem to suggest, anyway.

Red Dead Redemption is an absolutely amazing game. I've lost count of how long I've spent on there, and the hunting alone keeps me enthralled for hours. Wish they'd make another like it, it had just the right mix of action and side missions/free roaming coupled with an enormous "world" to play in. Just fantastic. That's a game I'll never trade. :wink:

Red Dead Redemption is an absolutely amazing game. I've lost count of how long I've spent on there, and the hunting alone keeps me enthralled for hours. Wish they'd make another like it, it had just the right mix of action and side missions/free roaming coupled with an enormous "world" to play in. Just fantastic. That's a game I'll never trade. :wink:

:lik:

Did you get 100% completion?

There is the zombie expansion but I haven't got it.

Dunno if this counts, but I am totally addicted to Cityville via Facebook! Ghostie, however, has another name for it. :wink:

Something similar on both counts here and do a couple of other ones.

I keep thinkin about getting a game for the pc as I used to use the PS2 a lot (was the ex's not mine) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Aaah! I see now there is a debate on CoD fora about "Does sniping = camping?". But, Piddly, most gamers agree that it doesn't. The sniper is viewed by most serious CoD gamers (I don't play it, I'm afraid) as a support weapon. Not the 'quickscoping, tearing round the map' style of play. They advocate placing yourself behind your own lines or enemy lines (which it's stated is difficult to do in CoD? Dunno) and provide support, usually laid up in a vantage point, secured by claymores & the like, providing 'one shot, one kill' solutions.

But I believe a sniper can also stalk, and that's what I used to enjoy so much in Delta Force. Moving very slowly and carefully around the map to positions suitable to take out key strategic targets and move on. Sometimes you have to plan for a quick sprint out of your current spot, away from enemy fire or countermeasures. That's almost inevitable for any sniper. But provided you plan exactly which routes are open to you to move on to your next positions (always have several routes, always have several positions pre-planned) and have set up counter-measures on your line of withdrawal before you start shooting, job's a good 'un. That sort of strategic planning, coupled with the stealth and the challenge presented by elevation, windspeed, distance and speed of your target makes a good clean kill a very satisfying experience, for me at least.

I'm very much looking forward to Sniper Elite II, coming out this year. The original (for PS2) was very enjoyable and challenging. I hope this one will be also.

I was very disappointed by Sniper:Ghost Warrior. The physics of the game and AI, were nothing but dire. No excuse for it in a game you're going to pay £30-£40 for (when newly released).

Dizzy, yup, I got 100%. Took me quite a while, I have to say. I then wiped the file and started over, I loved it that much. When I completed it a second time, I still spent several weeks roaming that amazingly detailed world they created, mainly hunting. The bears were my favourite!! I have to confess to jumping out of my skin several times as I was busy doing the same for a Grizzly, only to have two more spawn on me, very close to where I was placed!! :wink: