Loud exhausts.

onlyjim

Ah me, there he goes again. :lol: If he only realised how funny he is. And hypocritical. And snide and sneering and disdainful and all the other descriptives I've used before for our pal 'peat...

"It seems though however, you do not attend any sort of community meeting, well, apart from the mobile chippy.

This makes me wonder why you make any complaint or comment, goes against what you think the point is.

I hope the neighbours sort out their differences in relation to the noise, it does seem that there has been a gesture."

Bet you get a few "gestures" aimed your way, 'peat, if this is the way you carry out your council business.

But I've formed a theory that you don't. That you sit there and mouth all the token Labour platitudes, convincing yourself that it's always someone else's fault, always you that's in the right. And all that nodding, all that process of implementing policies from someone else, while dreaming up more acronyms to shoehorn committe names into.. well, it must all build up inside you, 'peat. All that stress, the strain of dealing with cretins and morons that can't see that you must be right, there's just no other possibility, is there?! It all curdles into a little ball of bile, that you then regurgitate on a regular basis on this forum, on various threads, whenever someone here disagrees with you. After all, it's safe here, innit. You're not face to face, you don't know them, you're not their councillor, so no harm, no foul, huh?

And in the process of venting this ire at your opponents here, who so offend your middle-class New Labour sensibilities with their ignorance and stupidity, you make these sneering, snide, denigratory comments, in perfect safety, mocking others while bleating about "bullying, sir, it's Scoots, he's so,,, so mean to me! (sniff)"

But you'll never realise how hypocritical and really quite horribly smug you, the self-appointed "man of the people", come across here, to us "little people".

Even if US does go down her local chippy every so often, why not? I do, and so do many, many other normal working folk (after all, the Fort does a super bit of fish, and my wee boy loves it! I suppose you're sitting with sushi and green tea? No?? :roll: ) why is it even remotely relevant to the point she's trying to make to you here, about her experiences here locally. Not yours, down south.

Do us a favour, 'peat. Buy a punchbag, or a voodoo doll - call it "scoots" if you want! - or something, and lose the bile somewhere else. It's wholly unwelcome here, and I'm sure your constituents don't get it thrown at them where you are. Although you and your council chums probably trade stories about thick or stupid constituents, behind closed doors, while sipping the wine, etc, that's bought at public expense (and if you don't have the wine, it'll be the expensive sparking spring water, etc. and if you don't have that, then I don't believe you, as your council will be the only one in the UK not to have this "help yourselves, fellows, only the best for us! Welllll, we do work very hard for these oiks!" attitude!

Think about it, 'peat. Re-read some posts if you have to. I promise you, start showing some respect and courtesy to your fellow members here and I'll stop highlighting and commenting on your conduct, like this! Word of honour (dib-dib-dib! :roll: )

US & GhostRider, sorry if I'm cutting in on any reply you want to make to 'peat, but when I read his snide comments over and over and over, day in, day out, I can't help myself. :wink:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah me, there he goes again. :lol: If he only realised how funny he is. And hypocritical. And snide and sneering and disdainful and all the other descriptives I've used before for our pal 'peat...

"It seems though however, you do not attend any sort of community meeting, well, apart from the mobile chippy.

This makes me wonder why you make any complaint or comment, goes against what you think the point is.

I hope the neighbours sort out their differences in relation to the noise, it does seem that there has been a gesture."

Bet you get a few "gestures" aimed your way, 'peat, if this is the way you carry out your council business.

But I've formed a theory that you don't. That you sit there and mouth all the token Labour platitudes, convincing yourself that it's always someone else's fault, always you that's in the right. And all that nodding, all that process of implementing policies from someone else, while dreaming up more acronyms to shoehorn committe names into.. well, it must all build up inside you, 'peat. All that stress, the strain of dealing with cretins and morons that can't see that you must be right, there's just no other possibility, is there?! It all curdles into a little ball of bile, that you then regurgitate on a regular basis on this forum, on various threads, whenever someone here disagrees with you. After all, it's safe here, innit. You're not face to face, you don't know them, you're not their councillor, so no harm, no foul, huh?

And in the process of venting this ire at your opponents here, who so offend your middle-class New Labour sensibilities with their ignorance and stupidity, you make these sneering, snide, denigratory comments, in perfect safety, mocking others while bleating about "bullying, sir, it's Scoots, he's so,,, so mean to me! (sniff)"

But you'll never realise how hypocritical and really quite horribly smug you, the self-appointed "man of the people", come across here, to us "little people".

Even if US does go down her local chippy every so often, why not? I do, and so do many, many other normal working folk (after all, the Fort does a super bit of fish, and my wee boy loves it! I suppose you're sitting with sushi and green tea? No?? :roll: ) why is it even remotely relevant to the point she's trying to make to you here, about her experiences here locally. Not yours, down south.

Do us a favour, 'peat. Buy a punchbag, or a voodoo doll - call it "scoots" if you want! - or something, and lose the bile somewhere else. It's wholly unwelcome here, and I'm sure your constituents don't get it thrown at them where you are. Although you and your council chums probably trade stories about thick or stupid constituents, behind closed doors, while sipping the wine, etc, that's bought at public expense (and if you don't have the wine, it'll be the expensive sparking spring water, etc. and if you don't have that, then I don't believe you, as your council will be the only one in the UK not to have this "help yourselves, fellows, only the best for us! Welllll, we do work very hard for these oiks!" attitude!

Think about it, 'peat. Re-read some posts if you have to. I promise you, start showing some respect and courtesy to your fellow members here and I'll stop highlighting and commenting on your conduct, like this! Word of honour (dib-dib-dib! :roll: )

US & GhostRider, sorry if I'm cutting in on any reply you want to make to 'peat, but when I read his snide comments over and over and over, day in, day out, I can't help myself. :wink:

Best Bloody post I'm see on here in a lang time! Well Done!!

^ :lik:

I have calmed down somewhat (Granted, Ghostie had to tie me down to stop me ...); however ...

... when I was in London, many of my neighbours were pensioners and had experienced problems dealing with the local (labour run) Council; you know, the usual type of thing such as no home helps, trying to force them to move into sheltered accommodation, waiting over 3 years for the adaptations to the properties as approved yonks earlier ... so I assisted and helped them get what they were entitled to. It was these peeps, amongst others, who asked me to stand and get involved with the local tenants and residents association as apparently I'm gobby but educated enough to get THEIR points of view across (their words, not mine).

So, I should be getting involved in the local CC should I? Err, for one, I'd like to get to know the area and peeps better. Secondly, despite being somewhat gobby, I hope I'm not full of such self-importance that I should storm in and stand say along the lines of "because I think I'd be good" (or should that be "because SP demands I get involved"?) rather than be asked, just like I was in the example referred to above. I don't, for the record, think I would be good.

I don't want to attend local CC meetings at present; I'm really not all that interested in the toilet situation at S.Sands. Is it just that I'm not long "off the boat" that makes SP be of the opinion that I don't care about where I live - would he say that to all the other residents of the Ness who, like me, don't go to the local CCs/have no intention of standing?

There appears to have been a rather large quantity of hot air/gas on this thread and it appears not to have come out of a shiny, chrome car part - any chance of getting back on topic?

Any of this got anything to do with loud exhausts or is it again a case of 1 or 2 taking over a thread to try and show their wit and wisdom and generally showing what egotistical a-holes they are? :roll:

:lol: :lik: :lol:

Great post also Scoots :wink:

Guy's with the PniS extensions, it's not big and it's not clever :wink:

Gavbey, you guys are out in the sticks, no mans land, whatever.......There must be somewhere close by where you can rev your little cars and make as much noise as you like without disturbing thy neighbour(S)? :wink:

the majority of us live in town.

there was a place (dales voe) but some individuals spoiled it for us and we got chased away.

i cant think of much more places, its not only young boys in small cars its us older generation that are keen also. is tingwall airport open on a sunday? i think a monthly event there would be a good idea.

is tingwall airport open on a sunday? i think a monthly event there would be a good idea.

I don't think you will ever get permission to drive on Tingwall airport while the air ambulance is based there. There is a risk that a car could break down, or be rolled and cover the airstrip with debris, or even the fact that you have to get out of the way could cause a delay getting an emergency patient moved. You should get the Unst event going again, that was a good weekend.

Where the hell is all this happening then? Gulberwick or Wa's? Both in the sticks mind you :wink:

I'm not sure the owners of Tingwall airport would let you rip up their airstrip. Unst was a different story because I believe it had shut at the time that yearly event was on, I might be wrong though.

I looked but couldn't find another thread about this.

Have any of you had neighbours constantly revving their cars with

Loud exhausts on such a regular basis that it is driving you mad.

It's mostly young lads with modified exhausts that they seem to think we all like to hear.

there are laws against all sort of things but the law about exhausts is very vague.

I got stopped once with a burst exhaust and told by the police to get it seen to.

It was nowhere near the noise that these guys are putting out.

I have asked politely and after a time asked unpolitely but still it continues in a neighbourhood where the average age is 60+ so no one wants to complain.

I am on the verge of going to the police but there has to be another Can anyone advise me on any options i have.

Apart from putting up with it and doing nothingsolution.

It's not just the neighbour but his friends come with their similarly loud cars and think it is open season.

On days when everyone parks in their driveways and the street is clear it's a lock your cats upo and hope your grand bairns don't run out onto the normally sheltered road/dragstrip.

Does anyone have any advise on what to do apart from bury your head and ignore it

jim i know who you are. you complain about noise? coming from the guy that has a old heap of an L200 with dead glow plugs turning over for 5 mins EVERY morning, kicking blue oily reek out the back! oil puddles all over the town coming from your leaking sump! to noitfy people what kind of person ONLYJIM is we saved his wife and his house when it went on fire! we risked our own lives to make sure his wife was safe and also stopped there house burning to the ground (that HE caused laying felt) until the fire brigade came! ...... did you even say thank you????? no you didnt!

you dont see us complaining about you. yes a few of our friends have loud exhausts and i can apologise on there behalf but i cant make them change there exhausts. my car is a classic super car. you cannot get a lower DB exhaust! many classic cars are just loud and have relaxed mot regulations on noise. i can assure you also that we are law abiding and our cars are perfectly road legal not to mention friendly guys.

there is a difference between as said "boy racers" and people who love and live by motors!

i am not from shetland. i do however notice that there is ALOT more interest in cars/bikes up here. the reason in my eyes is there is nothing else for these boys and girls to do at night apart from play with there cars and bikes. i sujest a place outside town where these guys can go, away from houses.... a skid pan... a drag strip...a drif track... a go-cart track..... as soon as you have a place where they can congrigate there is no longer going to be loud fast " boyracer cars " blasting around town and dangerous roads.

as others have said about speeding on single track roads where kids are around i completely agree, i have no respect nor time for anyone that could put another person/child in danger. there is a time and a place.

but also violence does not solve everything so egging cars would deffinatly be a bad idea in shetland. a good bolocking (on there own) always sorted me out when i was younger. give that a try

I'm very interested in this comment you made and would like you to explain your antic's in Lerwick last summer when you thought it was a good idea to use Lerwick as your personal race track.The incident in question was mid evening when you came out of the town centre round the roundabout at the bottom of Lochside where you were accelerating so hard you couldnt keep the car on your side of the road,you could hear your car the whole way up Lochside where i take it you tuned run at the other end of Lochside because a few minutes later you came back down Lochside again at a speed that was just plain dangerous,you then stopped at Grantfield garage to drop of your passenger[which i dare say would have had to go home to change his underwear].Then for what ever reason you held the car in the limiter dropped the clutch and back up Lochside with everything the car could give you.

As you were doing this they were two children coming down the road on there pushbikes,people on the pavements,people out walking dogs and not to mention other road users.I'm sure a lot of people would like to here your explanation for this.over to you gavbey

It's mostly young lads with modified exhausts that they seem to think we all like to hear.

there are laws against all sort of things but the law about exhausts is very vague.

I got stopped once with a burst exhaust and told by the police to get it seen to.

I have asked politely and after a time asked unpolitely but still it continues in a neighbourhood where the average age is 60+ so no one wants to complain.

I am on the verge of going to the police but there has to be another Can anyone advise me on any options i have.

It's not just the neighbour but his friends come with their similarly loud cars and think it is open season.

On days when everyone parks in their driveways and the street is clear it's a lock your cats upo and hope your grand bairns don't run out onto the normally sheltered road/dragstrip.

Does anyone have any advise on what to do apart from bury your head and ignore it

jim i know who you are. you complain about noise? coming from the guy that has a old heap of an L200 with dead glow plugs turning over for 5 mins EVERY morning, kicking blue oily reek out the back! oil puddles all over the town coming from your leaking sump! to noitfy people what kind of person ONLYJIM is we saved his wife and his house when it went on fire! we risked our own lives to make sure his wife was safe and also stopped there house burning to the ground (that HE caused laying felt) until the fire brigade came! ...... did you even say thank you????? no you didnt!

you dont see us complaining about you. yes a few of our friends have loud exhausts and i can apologise on there behalf but i cant make them change there exhausts. my car is a classic super car. you cannot get a lower DB exhaust! many classic cars are just loud and have relaxed mot regulations on noise. i can assure you also that we are law abiding and our cars are perfectly road legal not to mention friendly guys.

there is a difference between as said "boy racers" and people who love and live by motors!

i am not from shetland. i do however notice that there is ALOT more interest in cars/bikes up here. the reason in my eyes is there is nothing else for these boys and girls to do at night apart from play with there cars and bikes. i sujest a place outside town where these guys can go, away from houses.... a skid pan... a drag strip...a drif track... a go-cart track..... as soon as you have a place where they can congrigate there is no longer going to be loud fast " boyracer cars " blasting around town and dangerous roads.

as others have said about speeding on single track roads where kids are around i completely agree, i have no respect nor time for anyone that could put another person/child in danger. there is a time and a place.

but also violence does not solve everything so egging cars would deffinatly be a bad idea in shetland. a good bolocking (on there own) always sorted me out when i was younger. give that a try

I'm very interested in this comment you made and would like you to explain your antic's in Lerwick last summer when you thought it was a good idea to use Lerwick as your personal race track.The incident in question was mid evening when you came out of the town centre round the roundabout at the bottom of Lochside where you were accelerating so hard you couldnt keep the car on your side of the road,you could hear your car the whole way up Lochside where i take it you tuned run at the other end of Lochside because a few minutes later you came back down Lochside again at a speed that was just plain dangerous,you then stopped at Grantfield garage to drop of your passenger[which i dare say would have had to go home to change his underwear].Then for what ever reason you held the car in the limiter dropped the clutch and back up Lochside with everything the car could give you.

As you were doing this they were two children coming down the road on there pushbikes,people on the pavements,people out walking dogs and not to mention other road users.I'm sure a lot of people would like to here your explanation for this.over to you gavbey

onlyjim, is that you? :wink:

think you have the wrong person ;)

yes and no.

we are going to try and keep the noise down as much as possible to prevent confilict between neibour.

but

there is still the issue of people using lerwick as a "race track". this will obviously continue with these guys and girls untill a gathering area/ play park is obtained.