Loud exhausts.

onlyjim

yeah, tdi seems to be the new thing to have, low fuel cost and very torquey and you would need to try hard to get a diesel to sound loud

Not too hard....

Though some do take a little work...

Bit of language ^^

Now, a bit more practical

Though on a sentimental note, there is a video of 16 available but this, about 1 min it is about the best an engine should sound.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

A wee while back, I took a pop at some lads living nearby (well, some of their mates, actually) for loud exhausts, etc.

I did that without going to speak with them first. I had my reasons for that, at the time. But it was the wrong thing to do. The neighbourly thing to do would have been to go and discuss it with them, reasonably.

I haven't posted since on it, because I believe they spoke with their friends and toned it down, as they said they would on here, and things have been a lot better.

The reason I'm posting this is twofold.

Firstly, I actually bothered to speak with them last night, and found them reasonable, polite and easy to talk to. They are just young lads, living their life as I did, when I was their age, seeking to enjoy themselves and have a good time. There's no crime in any of that.

We agreed that, if I have any problem in future, we can discuss it like mature adults and neighbours should.

My second reason for posting is, I was raised to believe that, if you make a public statement about folk, and it's wrong, you should publicly apologise. I've always believed that to be important, and stuck with it all my days.

So, I'm sorry lads. I said as much last night, but as someone pointed out then, I shouldn't have posted first, without approaching the lads. That's not what Shetlink is for, and not the Shetland way.

Maybe if others, who believe they have similar problems, take the advice of those wiser souls, who previously suggested discussion over rants, they will find the same thing as I did.

Shetland is too small a place - and should be too community minded - to behave otherwise.

That's my piece and I've said it, slightly embarrassed, but more pleasantly surprised.

• 1 year later...

Calm down eh its no the end o the world if car has loud exust most o them prob watch the rds beter then some of the other drivers on the rds theses days so get a grip

Calm down eh its no the end o the world if car has loud exust most o them prob watch the rds beter then some of the other drivers on the rds theses days so get a grip

The fact that you said this in a rap stylee is a bit worrying.....even more worrying is that you appear to think having a loud exhaust might make you a more observant driver......  :ponders: