Codfather in Sandwick

p_nut_uk

With the amount of negative comments directed at the owners of the Voe shop when they mentioned their fuel promotion I don't understand why the same people are not passing comment on these posts by p_nut_uk as a form of advertisement.

I personally have nothing against people advertising on this forum as I don't use the form enough to find it annoying. The posts which do are often more sensible and to the point that a lot of what is written on Shetlink.

I quote from a post in the Voe Shop fuel promotion thread (http://www.shetlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13087)

'With regard to this particular establishment, a one-off mention and welcome to Shetland and so forth post is all well and good when the shop first re-opened but anything after that is, IMHO, advertising; to me, it doesn't matter if it is for the benefit of Shetlinkers or not as you could put forward the argument that other businesses also offer services that too are for the benefit of Shetlinkers.'

It may just be double standards but it's not really fair. Some of the comments directed at the owner of the Voe Shop were quite direct when all he was trying to do was something positive for the community.

Once again, I have nothing against this Codfather business. I wish them all the best and it is fine to see enterprises providing a service to communities outside Lerwick. Just like the Voe shop does. I have no connection to either and have never purchased anything from these companies.

Hi Everyone,

In response to the comments regarding us advertising on shetlink forums, we are sorry if we have caused any offence/wrongdoing - In future we will only advertise our dates in the events guide on Shetlink

In response to travelling further afield ie vidlin walls etc, we are considering these routes and would welcome feedback on possible locations to park our wee van

Thanks for all comments we value all feedback, good and bad.

Jack and Suzi :D

With the amount of negative comments directed at the owners of the Voe shop when they mentioned their fuel promotion I don't understand why the same people are not passing comment on these posts by p_nut_uk as a form of advertisement.

I personally have nothing against people advertising on this forum as I don't use the form enough to find it annoying. The posts which do are often more sensible and to the point that a lot of what is written on Shetlink.

I quote from a post in the Voe Shop fuel promotion thread (http://www.shetlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13087)

'With regard to this particular establishment, a one-off mention and welcome to Shetland and so forth post is all well and good when the shop first re-opened but anything after that is, IMHO, advertising; to me, it doesn't matter if it is for the benefit of Shetlinkers or not as you could put forward the argument that other businesses also offer services that too are for the benefit of Shetlinkers.'

It may just be double standards but it's not really fair. Some of the comments directed at the owner of the Voe Shop were quite direct when all he was trying to do was something positive for the community.

Once again, I have nothing against this Codfather business. I wish them all the best and it is fine to see enterprises providing a service to communities outside Lerwick. Just like the Voe shop does. I have no connection to either and have never purchased anything from these companies.

And why don't you just say that it was me who posted the Voe comment and it was I who mentioned the chip van? I only mentioned the chip van a couple of times after others had queried on it and if you care to glance back, I didn't again. However, given that the Moderators appeared to be allowing the Voe shop to continue, I took the view that it was okay to mention the chip van. You will no doubt note, however, that I haven't mentioned my own business, although I would like to.

So if you want to accuse me of double standards that's fine, but I don't make the T&Cs on here and I sure as hell aren't a Moderator.

Edited due to wonky screen!

Thanks to all who support us, its so kind of you. We do have a timetable on our menu, We are getting copies of this next week (hopefully by tuesday) and will be sending these around the local areas we visit.

Just for your info though, we are in Virkie Tuesdays between 5-7pm (horseshoe close), Beside Cuningsburgh shop on Thursdays 5-7pm and Sandwick central -at next to the nursery at the xroads, on Fridays between 5-7pm.

Will post on events calender for next week, and we are considering having a facebook page - my goodness, i am coming out of the dark ages and embracing technology - its a miracle ha ha

Cheers

Suzi

Unlinked, I reckon you should advertise your business here; everybody else does. :wink: And as you rightly say: the mods did not close the thread, so it should be fair game for all to do the same. Why should there be one rule for one set of advertisers, and another for others? And never mind any T & C's - that's just small print, right? Nobody seriously takes any note of it (or reads it!) and the mods don't re-inforce it anyway.

I think everybody should just be able to start a thread about their own business. Why just bother with the classifieds? It so soon gets swamped under all the repeat ads anyway, you have to keep bumping it every day to stay near the top, it's a real pain. Come on painters and decorators and Lego sellers. Tell us about your services. It's all in the public interest.....

:roll: