Shetland Motorsport Club

gavbey

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling the participants idiots though, will not help your cause.

At no point did I suggest that all the participants were idiots. It is however, as usual, a few that spoil the event for the rest.

You called them idiots though ...

The club is non existant at the moment, and we are looking to organise unst track days, and an Unst 10th Anniversary Thrash for 2013

Then perhaps if you have to use Unst again the club could take some responsibility for idiots treating the local roads in Unst like a racetrack. It has been really good knowing we do not have to put up with that every year, along with the pile of wrecks left at the airfield.

Even better idea - have it in Cunnigsburgh instead.

I might even have a butchers at the Facebook page. Good luck to the club.

The club is non existant at the moment, and we are looking to organise unst track days, and an Unst 10th Anniversary Thrash for 2013

Then perhaps if you have to use Unst again the club could take some responsibility for idiots treating the local roads in Unst like a racetrack. It has been really good knowing we do not have to put up with that every year, along with the pile of wrecks left at the airfield.

Even better idea - have it in Cunnigsburgh instead.

I always thought all Unst drivers were like that. :shock: I assumed it was a pre-requisite to living there. :wink:

That's how it was the last I was there anyway, and the peerie horses, they were the worst. Not an ounce of road sense between their dim ears, even more dense than your average auld yowe jay walking.

, and the peerie horses, they were the worst. Not an ounce of road sense between their dim ears, even more dense than your average auld yowe jay walking.

The adage is "ahint a sheep, in front o' a coo and straight ower a horse"

Sheep usually keep going, kye might have second thoughts but the horse is not predictable!

is there nowhere on the mainland that could be used as half of the day is getting to and from unst,

As far as I am aware the only other places that might be suitable are the Tingwall and Scatsta airstrips. Apart from being a working airport Tingwall is next door to the cattery so you might get objections about noise.

is there nowhere on the mainland that could be used as half of the day is getting to and from unst,

As far as I am aware the only other places that might be suitable are the Tingwall and Scatsta airstrips. Apart from being a working airport Tingwall is next door to the cattery so you might get objections about noise.

not a chance of getting the tingwall airstrip because the air ambulance uses it

not a chance of getting the tingwall airstrip because the air ambulance uses it

Nor scatsta or any other operational airport for that matter due to security regs

I remember when I was young the hill climbs at sumburgh , sunbeam lotus tearing up the hill , the engine note on that thing ! Must still be a hill with a decent road somewhere, bet some of the diesels would be in the running as well up the hill .

Excellent idea, a Hill Climb would be far better than a "Drag Race" there is more skill than just having a big engine and lots of money, it would also involve a wider range of Vehicle, Horsepower and Torque.

And yes please try and keep it on the mainland, that way more people would get involved..

Good Luck with arranging it