What Are You Listening To?

JAStewart

Guest Anonymous

I'm very restricted on the kind of videos I can post (no swearing, and not good for the council or tourism) So Meshuggah will have to do just now - great technical band who make superb use of poly rythmes and detuned guitars with highly complicated patterns.

Maybe not the best tune to show of their tallents though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Yeah nice intro, I also like the drumming and the Herbie Hancock style bass lines.

This sounds like bonkers funk - thanks for posting something good!

It makes such a change on Shetlink

Guest Anonymous

@Ghostrider (hehe)

Being a spelling and grammar nazi isnt going to make your taste in music, or your childish online relationship, get any better my friend (your well over the hill) its pretty sad if thats all you can pull me up for :oops:

What wrong, on your own tonight? Does the couch still smell of her?

Get a grip old man and remember to put your Meat Loaf album on repeat and for christs sake take your Warfairn tablet before you go to bed.

@Ghostrider (hehe)

Being a spelling and grammar nazi isnt going to make your taste in music, or your childish online relationship, get any better my friend (your well over the hill) its pretty sad if thats all you can pull me up for :oops:

What wrong, on your own tonight? Does the couch still smell of her?

Get a grip old man and remember to put your Meat Loaf album on repeat and for christs sake take your Warfairn tablet before you go to bed.

Blimey, I a few months older than Him! I'll take "Get a Grip" as a request - wasn't aware you were an Aerosmith fan though, Eventide, so perhaps a few other bands thrown in for good measure too. Rest of post ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Can't stop giggling) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xT7bzIoAP4

Oops, above too old? Best play something more your thing then eh?

... and do you ever stop ...

Meanwhile, @ Ghostrider (ssh, it was released in 1978, which means we are probably OLD enough to remember it - I know I blooming well don't):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCvxtXhSEM&feature=BFa&list=PL0CA4D01EE49D08FC

And I did say I'd be back - CYL (Just how many versions of this are there on YT?] :wink: :twisted: 8)

:wink: (Flattery apparently'll get a gal everywhere)

@ Farmer Brown

Finally got chance to listen to your tracks.

LOL, given that I moved to Shetland from Manor Park, East London, this one particularly is relevant (oh help, don't mention the blooming Shetland translation :oops: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJzcF0v1eOE

Guest Anonymous

@unlinkedstudent

I aim to entertain as well as educate, I'm glad you got a good laugh :)

More people should laugh at things - its good for us all.

@unlinkedstudent

Ah, but your aim is sharn and as for educate, you failing MISERABLY. Tell me, when are you actually going to comment on a thread on Shetlink in a positive light?

@unlinkedstudent

Ah, but your aim is sharn and as for educate, you failing MISERABLY. Tell me, when are you actually going to comment on a thread on Shetlink in a positive light?

It's easy to see things in a positive light when you are only 3 weeks from Beltane , as we are here. But up there you are 3 weeks from Samhain, the coming of the darkness. Life would have a very different feel to it. Then after that, it's three dark months until Imbolc.