What Are You Listening To?

JAStewart

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought yesterday and currently listening to Blinking Lights and Other Revelations by Eels

I liked "Beautiful Freak" and "electro-shock blues" and think this latest album is rather good, though probably a bit long - are double albums ever worth it?

Sppoky - It made me think of: -

telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

Has everyone seen this?

Start a telnet session and put the above address in (just the towel.blinkenlights.nl bit) and watch a text version of star wars - it is cooler than a cool thing. Really standard.

• 1 month later...

Pearl Jam - Yield. Fantastic album, hadn't dug it out for a while, but kept getting "Given to Fly" popping into my thoughts, what a track, soopuyb!

I can't beleive it, but i don't think i've seen Pearl Jam mentioned in any of the "Favored Music" topics. What's wrong with you people? :wink:

Think i heard they've got a new album out, hope it's 'out' on limewire, nope in fact i think i'll go buy it.

Eddie Vedder - poet of the disenchanted. Genius.

Am listening to this Jewish Reggae artist called Matisyahu, got both his albums on Saturday after seeing him perform on Jools Hollands show last Friday. Uplifting tunes, I highly recommend checking him out, I hadn't heard him untill friday and now I can't stop listening to it.

Big fan of Later with Jools Holland, always a diverse range of music from all over the world.

Currently in my listening pile are:

Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin

Grateful Dead - Fillmore West 1969: Live

Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome, The Seeger Sessions

Neil Young - Living With War

and in the CD drive at the moment

Sigur Ros - Takk

New Zero7 album out on monday so that'll be getting some listening time devoted to it next week.

• 3 weeks later...