adverts on left hand side

gobby

is anyone having problems with adverts on the left hand side, i cant write or read messages and emails on shetlink for them...

Yes, I've had quite a few landscape adverts turning up recently in the left panel which clearly needs portrait formatted ads.

... how do i get rid

I just refresh the screen which loads a different ad, which is usually portrait.

Guest posiedon
is anyone having problems with adverts on the left hand side, i cant write or read messages and emails on shetlink for them how do i get rid
Download adblock plus (it's free) I haven't seen an internet add in years.

^ may we remind folk that the only way Shetlink can remain free to users is through the majority of costs being covered by the display of adverts - therefore we'd kindly request that folk don't block the ads - if everyone did, there would be no Shetlink.

We haven't noticed any problem with the left hand ads but we'll look into it.

Had several of them too over the last 2-3 days,landscape banners coming through the left margin instead of only portrait. Various advertisers, but didn't keep a note of who as it was just occasionally, and mostly happened very late evening or during the night.

I use Adblock everywhere else, and its worth it, just to speed up page loading on some ad heavy sites if nothing else, but I have it disabled for Shetlink.....Just to keep you guys happy. :wink:

Guest posiedon
Admin

may we remind folk that the only way Shetlink can remain free to users is through the majority of costs being covered by the display of adverts

Doesn't it necessitate clicking on the add to generate income? I (and I suspect most folk) never click internet adds, so might as well block them all (as I do)

If shetlink or any other forum, can't survive without adds, so be it.

I am a member of other forums that operate fine without adds.

Internet adds are just another form of spam.

^ may we remind folk that the only way Shetlink can remain free to users is through the majority of costs being covered by the display of adverts - therefore we'd kindly request that folk don't block the ads - if everyone did, there would be no Shetlink.

I've tried to offer money to Shetlink in return for a local business ad, but so far haven't been taken up on the offer.

I've tried to offer money to Shetlink in return for a local business ad, but so far haven't been taken up on the offer.

seems lik a good idea at least then the adds would be relevent to folk living or wanting to visit here and would not lead you to a site(when clicked on by accident) that has tracking cookies etc.

would probably generate more income for shetlink too.

is anyone having problems with adverts on the left hand side, i cant write or read messages and emails on shetlink for them how do i get rid
Download adblock plus (it's free) I haven't seen an internet add in years.

WOW Thanks i cant see the adds now. thats great

I dont mind local adds but most of them seem to be nothing to do with shetlink or shetland

thanks again