Shetland Parkour Experience

ShetlandYouth

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh please get a life unlink. leave the kids alone.

I have a life, thanks very much. Who you think you are, Pink Floyd's lead singer? :wink:

So, when the SIC have to re-harl walls, re-point walls, replace coping stones, etc., far sooner than usual; you won't be amongst those complaining? Walls, street furniture and the like do literally take a battering from this activity - they weren't designed to have people 'bounce' off them, just as in the same way a football repeatedly hitting a wall will, over time, cause damage.

:roll:

I think you'll find most, if not all, of the wall damage (as seen ALL over the town just now) has been caused by the frost and rain! it's falling off everywhere! not just where the bairns are climbing!!

I have spoken to 2 separate elderly residents of the area where the group train, and they think it's great to see the youngsters out enjoying themselves!!

Get a life people!!!

We used to play footie against walls, climb all over them, fall out of trees in public places and occasionally accidentally cause minor damage.

I don't recall legions of miserable twats moaning on at us about it, but then again, that would have involved making an effort to go and speak to the parents in person instead of spouting remote pish from a keyboard.

We used to play footie against walls, climb all over them, fall out of trees in public places and occasionally accidentally cause minor damage.

I don't recall legions of miserable twats moaning on at us about it, but then again, that would have involved making an effort to go and speak to the parents in person instead of spouting remote pish from a keyboard.

We were enjoying watching the kids Parkour one day when a bitch with no collar appeared and started whining insistently and p8ssing all over the wall they were going to use (trying to leave her mark I presume). It was definitely not a native species – Do you think there’s a tenuous link …. or is it unlinked?

lol i think in the olden days they called it playing, a thing most kids dont know how to do nowadays

We were enjoying watching the kids Parkour one day when a bitch with no collar appeared and started whining insistently and p8ssing all over the wall they were going to use (trying to leave her mark I presume). It was definitely not a native species – Do you think there’s a tenuous link …. or is it unlinked?

@Scorrie - and I used to whack a tennis ball against a neighbour's garage until after a couple of years they complained as it had caused damage.

@Bug - ha ha ha.

No idea who the parents are and judging by Bug's post, who precisely is spouting pish? :wink:

If it wasn't SIC property and you personally owned a wall that was getting damaged, would you feel the same way? I don't really follow the logic in that if walls are already getting frost-damaged that it doesn't hurt for them to get damaged even more. If these walls are already damaged, is it not a matter of time before someone gets hurt? Does the group plan to utilise the elevations of Mareel or is that a no-no then, given that it will be a new structure?

I don't really care if I'm in the minority concerning my views but just like those holding opposing views, I'm entitled to contribute.

unlinkedstudent wrote

I don't really care if I'm in the minority concerning my views but just like those holding opposing views, I'm entitled to contribute.
Yes indeed. I may not believe you are right but I defend your right of free speech. Actually I think this is similar in some ways to skateboarding although less noisy. Kids have got rights to have fun but residents have got rights to have peace. A few derelict industrial sites would be good.

^ Just type "shetland parkour" into youtube for examples. Someone appears to have taken a dip into the brink in one of 'em! There's also a group parkouring (or whatever it called) late at night; very poor video quality but partly on a residential estate - I bet the residents were delighted.

... with no collar ...

...pat da collar on heer a while syn syne. :wink:

min dat's good but i fear shu might still be a bit filskit - stick dat right forepa ida collar far twartree weeks tae curtail da typin' frenzy. If shu dusna settle after dat den tedder weel away fae ony laptops until da Parkour season is oot . :wink:

that is not the proper group. its not their fault if there are idiots out there. have you spoken to any of these evil youths bet not. you have a car so does that make you guilty of all the speeding drink driving.

the proper club is supervised and are a nice group of young folks and . please speak to them if you see them you will be surprised.

i did not know there was much of it going on down the south end. please think a little unlink trying to make out these kids are vandals is wrong.