POLICE/COMMUNITY WARDEN INFO

Willies_landy

Thought I would set up this thread to help the Police and Community Wardens gather information on what is going on around them.

i.e. My granny says at 3 in the morning a man with a big black dogs walks past her gate and the dog always leaves something behind. OR The boy racers in Church Road are making it difficult to cross the road between 6 and 8 in the evening.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There the one's that are wearing big yellow jackets, and run a mile as soon as you approach them, not to be confsued with the people who wear yellow jackets and handcuff you or laugh at you when you aproach them.

Thought I would set up this thread to help the Police and Community Wardens gather information on what is going on around them.

i.e. My granny says at 3 in the morning a man with a big black dogs walks past her gate and the dog always leaves something behind. OR The boy racers in Church Road are making it difficult to cross the road between 6 and 8 in the evening.

why no try going out on the beat and acting as visable deterrent, instead of sitting in the office reading the forums :D

Community Wardens?.......I have yet to see one despite living in the Town. Traffic Warden I do see but he is no threat to me......do not have a car. And do not have a bicycle to ride on the Street.....right or wrong direction.

Maybe not the right forum for this but the gaps in the temporary railings at the Breiwick Road end of the Knab are dangerous. Loose dogs or children have nothing to stop them running straight into the road and the traffic on that road moves at a fair pace.

I have seen them a couple of times.

In fact I applied to be one when I was totally desperate for a job, but the interview was like the krypton factor, but then again they had to make it hard as they are not asking for a degree as a pre-requisite. I lost the will to live halfway through the interview - not the first time in Shetland that this has happened I have to say. :roll:

Glad to see that the sea of dog turds has abated somewhat though. Always seems to be a huge one at the bottom of Cockatoo Brae opposite the dog crap bin. It would probably feed a family of four.

There should be a challenge though. If the wardens don't catch the perpetrator (and give them a good slap) they should have to pick it up and put it in their pocket :lol:

that's quite shocking, are you saying the police don't even know what's going on around them? it must be chaos down the station, coppers banging randomly into each other, stapling their breakfast to the procurator fiscal, "where am i? what's going on? oh no, i've gone and poured gravy on me weetabix again..."

My granny says at 3 in the morning a man with a big black dogs walks past her gate

sounds like a cases of mistaken identity. :wink:

it must be chaos down the station, coppers banging randomly into each other, stapling their breakfast to the procurator fiscal, "where am i? what's going on? oh no, i've gone and poured gravy on me weetabix again..."

:lol:

What a brilliantly described scene Distortio.