POLICE/COMMUNITY WARDEN INFO

Willies_landy

dear community warden,

i wish to report a crime that happened in scalloway last week-end.

at one in the morning, three people stole a boat and then rowed away with it, to the middle of the harbour.

however, their crime was soon punished by some higher force - or maybe they should check the bottom of a boat before stealing it - when the boat sank under them.

the criminals had to swim to the shore for dear life.

two men and a woman were spotted trying to impersonate stranded whales on the beach.

as to the identity of the culprits, i do not know it. however, i am told by a reliable source that the employer of one of the men can easily be recognised as they use white vans with flashy yellow lettering, black stripes and blue flashing lights.

i hope, dear community warden, that you can soon put a stop to this unacceptable behaviour which spoils the quietness of scalloway harbour.

yours sincerely,

shy skylark

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I know, there was some alert at the airport this morning and the police car was pegging it in that direction. There was a car waiting to turn right off the main road in to Sandyloch Drive. As the car turned the police car overtook, got clipped and ended up in the field on its side.

Maybe we ought to be questioning responses to emergency situations at the airport. Surely the airport fire service should be able to handle any incidents that take place.....as indeed they would have to do if an incident happened without warning. Yes the ambulance service might need to respond if an emergency is declared but I am somewhat mystified as to what the police will be expected to do........direct traffic?.

As for overtaking near a junction I suspect that the police drivers training manual will advise caution when passing someone turning right ahead of them but also I know that I was trained to check for things like errant motorbikes when turning right. At least it seems there were no serious injuries.

A full emergency was declared this morning at Sumburgh Airport due to a chopper with difficulties. There was possibly a second full emergency as well although I have had no official confirmation.

Although it is a police duty to attend an emergency in a timely fashion I am under the opinion that there was no need to be speeding or overtaking coming out of Lerwick at that time. Does anybody know what time the crash occurred? As far as I am aware they would still have had plenty of time to respond without overtaking at the time they did.

As far as I know, there was some alert at the airport this morning and the police car was pegging it in that direction. There was a car waiting to turn right off the main road in to Sandyloch Drive. As the car turned the police car overtook, got clipped and ended up in the field on its side.

The second incident involving a police vehicle in recent weeks..?

The Police do have a role to play but as far as I am aware it is more to do with the aftermath. Dealing with the hysteria of family/relatives, those involved and the press to name a few.

In this case it looks like the press were all tied up at the Sound Brae so there wouldn't have been a problem there. :twisted: