SOS = Save Our Sirloins

Stevo

Headlines:

Coastguard helicopter pilot suspended after crew pick up Orkney steaks
- http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2012/04/20/coastguard-helicopter-pilot-suspended-after-crew-pick-up-orkney-steaks

Coastguard on Save Our Sirloin call
- http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4268325/Coastguard-on-Save-Our-Sirloin-call.html

A COASTGUARD helicopter crew took a detour during a training mission — to pick up STEAKS.

The SOS crew flew 85 miles from their Shetland base to buy £400 of meat from an Orkney butcher.

Now bosses have launched an urgent probe.

After seeing this article, I have to admit I am disappointed in the crew of the Helicopter. Dont get me wrong, I love seeing the Helicopter in and around Lerwick and the peerie een's adore seeing it at the Clickimin. But questions have to be asked as to why this happened! A lifesaving service costing thousands an hour to stay in the air is used to pick up the crews latest delivery of meat from Orkney.

The last time they were in Aberdeen did they nip into M&S to collect there latest delivery as well.

I am just disappointed because I thought a lot more of the service and the crew members.

I have a lot of time and respect for these men and please dont get me wrong, I dont think there is menace in their actions. Its just the fact they lied about it and their justification not to mention the cost.

:(

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just disappointed because I thought a lot more of the service and the crew members.

Well if you believe the Scottish Scum's version of the world then that's bound to happen.

I can't see any problem with what they did. They were on a routine training flight in the area, no massive detour required to perform a rough area landing, which must have more training benefit than simply flying back to Sumburgh after the planned training. No 'thousands of pounds of taxpayers money' were wasted and the crew got a good feed when they got back!

Obviously because it was caught on camera and posted on youtube then management had to do something about it as they had, erm, gravy on their face. Interview without coffee for the captain in question, suspension for a couple of days and all will return to normal.

If you just read the Scum version of events they flew a 170mile round trip with the sole purpose of picking up the steaks. Like most of the words between the front and back page of this vapid 'news' paper it is complete bollox, even the date on it requires clarification.

Headlines:

Coastguard helicopter pilot suspended after crew pick up Orkney steaks
- http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2012/04/20/coastguard-helicopter-pilot-suspended-after-crew-pick-up-orkney-steaks

Coastguard on Save Our Sirloin call
- http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4268325/Coastguard-on-Save-Our-Sirloin-call.html

A COASTGUARD helicopter crew took a detour during a training mission — to pick up STEAKS.

The SOS crew flew 85 miles from their Shetland base to buy £400 of meat from an Orkney butcher.

Now bosses have launched an urgent probe.

After seeing this article, I have to admit I am disappointed in the crew of the Helicopter. Dont get me wrong, I love seeing the Helicopter in and around Lerwick and the peerie een's adore seeing it at the Clickimin. But questions have to be asked as to why this happened! A lifesaving service costing thousands an hour to stay in the air is used to pick up the crews latest delivery of meat from Orkney.

The last time they were in Aberdeen did they nip into M&S to collect there latest delivery as well.

I have a lot of time and respect for these men and please dont get me wrong, I dont think there is menace in their actions. Its just the fact they lied about it and their justification not to mention the cost.

:(

Yip nearly as bad as Police officers drink driving. What next Ambulances being used as taxi's at the weekend. :shock:

The sun has done a front page article on it. Now other medias have done bits on it.Now did any of these medias do full front page article when they saved five men off a burning boat. Or were they front page when they risked there live to save people in 100mph winds on xmas day. None of that got the attention this is getting.

Guyz, come on!!

These men put their lives at risk when most of us are curled up in bed or sitting in front of a warm fire. And before it's said, yes, they do get paid well but for Gods sake read the facts and then ask yourself 'is it really worth the ink its printed on'?

Come on Shetlinkers prove me wrong about some of you......please!

... yet its hard to hide a big yellow chopper...

The best way to hide a yellow helicopter is to paint it red and white!

im sure the royals have done simular things i dont remember them getting in deep poo.

Prince William got slated for picking his brother up in a Chinook which then flew both of them to a stag party on the Isle of Wight. Even that can be called a training flight.