SOS = Save Our Sirloins

Stevo

I am just disappointed because I thought a lot more of the service and the crew members.

Well if you believe the Scottish Scum's version of the world then that's bound to happen.

I can't see any problem with what they did. They were on a routine training flight in the area, no massive detour required to perform a rough area landing, which must have more training benefit than simply flying back to Sumburgh after the planned training. No 'thousands of pounds of taxpayers money' were wasted and the crew got a good feed when they got back!

Obviously because it was caught on camera and posted on youtube then management had to do something about it as they had, erm, gravy on their face. Interview without coffee for the captain in question, suspension for a couple of days and all will return to normal.

If you just read the Scum version of events they flew a 170mile round trip with the sole purpose of picking up the steaks. Like most of the words between the front and back page of this vapid 'news' paper it is complete bollox, even the date on it requires clarification.

Nail on head.

Anyone who takes tabloid pish as fact needs their head examining.

'Dropping in' somewhere is par for the course, it's hardly out of the way - or as the Schtum would have us believe "an 85 mile trip to pick up steaks". Frankly, the only people who are bothered by cobblers like this are those stupid enough to buy tabloids for news content in the first place.

Tabloids sell knee-jerk and 'outrage' - not impartial and accurate reportage. I note that they didn't comment that it's fairly common in the Military. Junglies do it, Wafu's do it and Crabs do as well. No big deal.

Non-news. The mangliement have been cornered into taking an 'official' line on this. Likely result: a talking to from WingCo Handlebar-Moustache, some suitable waffle to pacify the 'outraged' and then normal duties will be resumed with everyone having tea and medals as normal. :wink:

Cabbage crates over the briny......

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so sad and pathetic and I can't believe that one of the captains has been suspended pending an investigation.

Is there any way of contacting CHC or whoever and showing some support for the guys involved and telling CHC to show a little common sense?.

What is the world coming to...... :(

Yet folk complain about a council employee taking a van home.

If they were caught doing something wrong, then they should be disciplined. After all, it ain't their helicopter, fuel or time.

Not really newsworthy in this respect. I am surprised anyone reads the Stun!

Who employs the pilot?

Two points on this - was Prince William suspended for using a helicopter to pick up his brother and go to a party on the Isle of Wight? And that would have been at the taxpayers expense. Also, what is the difference between this and the police using police vehicles daily to go to Tesco and the Coop for their sandwiches, also at the taxpayers expense? At least the little bit of shopping by Oscar Charlie wasn't at expense of the taxpayer.

RingRingRing

"Which emergency service do you require?"

"Coastguard! Quick!"

"Shetland Coastguard. Please give me your location and the details of the problem"

"It's bad, I'm up in Uyeasound and the Chinese Night has just finished!"

"How can we be of assistance, Sir?"

"I'd like curried king prawn, fried rice and a coupla spring rolls please"

"Uh...hang on, just checking...yup. Twenty minutes?"

"That's grand."

wockawockawockawockawocka

8)

It's bloody ridiculous that someone should be in fear of losing his job over this. If everyone was held accountable for when they bent (not broke) the rules we would all be on the dole.

They have to practice a set number of specific landings, winches, flights and searches every month to keep their tickets. So what if one of these practice landings happens to be right next to a butchers shop. It's stuff like doing each other a favour which keeps the world going round. I am guessing next time the crews are asked to work outside of their contracted conditions, the answer will be a resounding eff off!

Prince sodding William can get away with dropping in by the inlaws fer gawds sake.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/143793-row-over-william-helicopter-landing :evil:

Thorfinn Craigies place is in Tankerness, a full 25 miles from Stromness as stated, it is about 2 miles from the airport FFS.

Know the place well and that being the case, makes even more of a mockery of the "story".

As said above, heartening to see most are seeing this for what it is and keeping it in perspective. Very well said.