SOS = Save Our Sirloins

Stevo

I think we should be grateful that CHC have already lost the SAR contract, as if the anal and draconian attitude of how they've dealt with this petty and harmless issue is a demonstration of the corporate culture of the company, I'd question their suitability to operate a SAR service.

Too many folk are walking and breatheing today that otherwise would have been fish food years ago, because the crew went the extra mile or bent a rule or two, usually during god-awful weather, for a "strictly by the book" attitude to be compulsory.

Most of these guys have decades of SAR experience and decades more of flying time. They are the last people who will do something stupid or silly, and if a blind eye cannot be turned by the company to the occasional minimal cost harmless little jolly, I'd not be surprised if any of their employees felt it was not the type of company they wished to work for or be associated with.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that this is a very heavy handed approach in the name political correctness and says more about the abliityof the management to make appropriate, well considered decisions than it does about those directly involved. Incidentally, how are the company covering the loss of two senior pilots? Are existing senior pilots expected to fill the void? Have the actions of management led to a compromise in the service?

What has happened to good old common sense?

It seems to me that this is a very heavy handed approach in the name political correctness and says more about the abliityof the management to make appropriate, well considered decisions than it does about those directly involved. Incidentally, how are the company covering the loss of two senior pilots? Are existing senior pilots expected to fill the void? Have the actions of management led to a compromise in the service?

What has happened to good old common sense?

:lik:

I think we should be grateful that CHC have already lost the SAR contract, as if the anal and draconian attitude of how they've dealt with this petty and harmless issue is a demonstration of the corporate culture of the company, I'd question their suitability to operate a SAR service.

Too many folk are walking and breatheing today that otherwise would have been fish food years ago, because the crew went the extra mile or bent a rule or two, usually during god-awful weather, for a "strictly by the book" attitude to be compulsory.

Most of these guys have decades of SAR experience and decades more of flying time. They are the last people who will do something stupid or silly, and if a blind eye cannot be turned by the company to the occasional minimal cost harmless little jolly, I'd not be surprised if any of their employees felt it was not the type of company they wished to work for or be associated with.

Here Here Ghostrider

Eating must owe them a big favour.

I sort of wonder now about all the other "crimes" that are actually using public money, as this one was using "private" money.

I hope now folk will report all these cases of miss use of public assets and the obvious fraud. I will look for these in the papers.

Northlink,Serco Northlink ???? Anyone??