SOS = Save Our Sirloins

Stevo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not like they went from shetland to orkney just for the beef!

How do you know that?

There has not been anything concrete that says they defiantly were on exercise in Orkney at the time. They could have been on exercise in Fair Isle at the time and popped down then picked the shipment up on the way back.

Then again they could have been on exercise in Wick at the time and popped in on the way North.

CHC has confirmed that they HAD been on exercise but this had been concluded prior to the landing in the field.

This is why we need to wait for the full facts.

Every frickin' second these guys spend in the air and not on a call out or emergency incident or rescuin Howlin Mad Hill is trainin. Anyone who knows what they do, knows that :roll: If ye DIDN'T know that, ye don't know enough te criticise them over anythin. By all accounts it was a pretty bloody nifty bit o flyin - an' therefore trainin fer such a scenario at no extra cost te the ungrateful deskmonkeys at the MCA - by the feller now forced inte suspenders (kinky beggars, them bosses! Especially if ye're self-employed!! :oops: )

End of (I don't usually like the phrase, but Yumpin Yiminy Cricket, it fits here, so it does :) )

?? Methinks ye've been infected by the same wittering condition affectin ould peatstack, Gibberingousness nonsensica te give it it's medical name. :wink:

'Tis "abraxas", Bonxie Boy, me ould chumblebum. Of which Jung wrote

"Abraxas begetteth truth and lying, good and evil, light and darkness in the same word and in the same act. Wherefore is Abraxas terrible." (Course he missed off the end bit "...at DrawFree." and it's true! My drawings are woeful, pitiful, really! :oops:

Anyways, thanks fer the advice. I took it an went fer a quick perambulation around the perimeter o the property. But when I came back, yer witterings were still here, so that bit o useless advice did me no good, really. :?

Say hi to peatstack, next time ye see him in the mirror, won't ye? :wink:

Jee whiz...I've been on here a split second, and it seems I have already been bombarded for having an opinion, and for having a Post Name....

Abrax (smart)(as) my boy, do really is something else..... I am glad you took some of dat advice. Perhaps a longer walk is required, and keep a good look oot for Oscar Charlie doing a flypast and winch up while do is at it? Clearly do is the 'Prince of the Patronization'.

My earlier point to 'hammer' this person, was a bit harsh wording. But, the person should be suspended temporarily, and docked wages. I don't think that they should lost their job. Some of the guff on this site about these guys, as well as the predictable public campaign isna surprising. As usual we don't know all da facts, but you've got 1,000 people jumping on da bandwagon before we know da facts! This was no police car or works van. It was something slightly bigger than that was it not? They are surely not allowed to do their landings in the town anymore as they are not supposed to land in built up areas.

I am da first to accept that they job that they do is so important for our islands and our general safety. I respect them greatly for the work that they do. I wid never devalue dat. But cmon.. 'heroes' 'Charasmatic' etc. Please. Please.......Our doctors, policemen, nurses, fireman lifeboat crew, Social Workers all to important jobs.

"Men! Halt the bombardment! Corporal! Belay the rope and give the man some more slack! He'll need some for the climbing down he's doing."

Wahll, golly gee-whillickers, suh, y'all brought a tear te mah eye wit' that rousin and movin or-a-to-ry at the end there! Ah do declayuh, ah sweayuh ah could heayuh the vah-oh-lins if'n ah only listen hahd enough!

I mean, what with all the "charismatic", "heroes" bit an' the spiel, I'm beginning' te think ye've got it bad fer folks in uniform. (Ye missed out the essy-kert men though! Damn yer thoughtlessness man! Have ye no respect?????)

I never said they're charismatic. Never said they're heroes either, tho' they probably are, more 'n most... Certainly braver than most I know.

It's exactly yer wordin' about "hammerin" the man that I objected te. That, an yer holier than thou (or should that be "do" - as in "do me a favour", don't try an write in Shetlandic less'n ye are Shetlandic. It's just a tad embarrassin otherwise... :oops: and shows very easily. I'm prepared te be surprised, but not overly so😒) attitude towards this geezer.

So what's the "guff on this site about these guys" exactly? Can do tell me? Sure there must be plenty if "1000 people" are all up here wit' me on me bandwagon (welcome aboard, keep movin, plenty more room up top! The fly past is due any minute! Bonxie Boy, The Head o' Hyperbole declined me nice invitation. He's waxin his nostrils tonight... - by the way, I found yer moniker so cheeeeeezy an frankly chortlesome coz ye employed such a heroic sobriquet in a thread about folk that do just that... dare.)

Ye set yerself up as their judge an jury, an ye're still rollin an wallowin in the mudhole o' hypocrisy by sayin one second, "Facts! Dammit Jim, we need facts before we can comment!" but theeeeen ye witter on about how "the person should be suspended temporarily, and docked wages." That was yersel' said that, wasn't it Mr "Dare"? Sheesh... unless ye already have the facts? No? Huh, funny, didn't think so.💩

("Hello, you're through to emergency services, please state the nature of your emergency?" "Help me! My boat's sinking in the middle of the North Sea!" "Connecting you now, sir!" "Hi, you're through to Social Work, how can we help?" 💀)

Hmmm... "the Prince o' Patronization"... must get some cards run up... ðŸ˜

Orkney gold beef is available fae local butchers so my only beef is they weren't shopping local.

the price up here for meat is mental, they are asking far too much especially for cuts of lamb one of our most abundant sources up here, it should almost be dirt cheap. just like in mainland scotland you can get nice cuts of venison for next to nothing as its one of scotlands most abundant meats. dont get me wrong i love the taste of local food but i think shops are asking far too much for what it is which is a real shame

I always wondered why meat is so expensive, I mean how many sheep do we have here?

If they want to ship it down south and charge it as premium heather or seaweed lamb or whatever then fine, and I know farmers have to make a living too, but still... :?

On the subject of orkney beef, I've only ever had it once on the ferry and it wasn't very tasty and very tough.

Abraxas maybe we'll get da insignificant vile out of the way first. ye continue with thine gob ihst peronal attacks which doesna wash 'me jewel'.. Abraxas, ye seem obsessed by two things. The name of my thread - which clearly means more tae dee dan it does tae me. Also, do seems to be concerned about me Shetlandic wording? Never do fear.

Abraxas, you didna say that they were 'charasmatic' and 'heroes'. Someone else did in the thread. But.....Were you no mentioning about things being 'cheeeezy' and chortulsome'? This tae me, is just part of the hype.

A CHC spokeswoman said: ‘We can confirm that a pilot has been suspended pending the results of a formal investigation.

‘We expect high standards of professionalism from all our employees and if we find these have not been met, we will take the appropriate action.

‘While the aircraft was previously engaged in a training exercise, it was operating a non-revenue flight at the time of the incident in question.’

As the exercise had been completed, the flying was not on behalf of the coastguard, meaning CHC would cover the costs met as it does for all non-operational flying.

A spokesman for the MCA said: ‘We are aware of an incident involving a Coastguard helicopter based at Shetland and have asked our contractor, CHC, to investigate as a matter of urgency. ‘The MCA regards any misuse of these assets as completely unacceptable and await the outcome of this investigation

Judge? Jury? Hypocracy? Yes, perhaps wait upon the facts and not jump on a local banwagon. No climbdown. Nae job loss should result. but a temporary suspension and/or wages dock surely. Den....'normal' service can resume. Den...it will no happen again.....