SOS = Save Our Sirloins

Stevo

Ye mean "bile" don't ye, Bonxie Boy? 😜

I'm findin it hard te understand ye, BB. Between yer worsenin Gibberingousness Nonsensica and yer ever-thicker (ahemðŸ˜) "Shetlan" writing, even I am strugglin, an' I'm a semi-official interpreter fer the KoyBoy an' yer fellow sufferer, ould peatstack!

An' yeah, what's in a name, hmmm? Well, I'd hazard a bet that most folk here chose theirs fer a reason, an given yer debut on a thread on pilots... Tis perhaps just 'unfortunate' ye chose te start in this perticklier thread, as I believe I mentioned.

But I'm in no way followin yer ramblins of hype over that release. :? Or about hypocrisy, etc. :? :?

Fact is, ye were the youngfellermelad that burbled about waitin fer facts afore weighin in with our opinions, then ye contradicted yersel in a hypocritical manner by pronouncin yer verdict, sans factotum (does that even mean anythin? Who cares! I likes the sound o it! ðŸ˜)

Re-read yer own posts. See what ye've written (and check yer utterly bizarre and increasinly amusin/toecurlyuppy attempts at Shetlan. Please, take a moment an just stop it, in the name o the Wee Man!) an then maybe ye'll be at least part right an "it will no happen again" (do kens)

(I mean, I've never seen any Shetlander write "do" fer "du", fer a start. But then, I'm not a Shetlander - eitherðŸ˜)

(an I'm awful sorry fer attackin yer "peronal". I don't mind doin it, but if ye say so... whit is a "peronal" onnywyse, diz doo ken? I dinna, but it eye soondz brally sair, do kens. See? just shuddersomely awful, innit? :shock: )

But thanks fer the title. I believe I'll be keepin that one...ðŸ˜

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be the words of an accountant flying only a desk.‘

While the aircraft was previously engaged in a training exercise, it was operating a non-revenue flight at the time of the incident in question.’

As the exercise had been completed, the flying was not on behalf of the coastguard, meaning CHC would cover the costs met as it does for all non-operational flying.

A spokesman for the MCA said: ‘We are aware of an incident involving a Coastguard helicopter based at Shetland and have asked our contractor, CHC, to investigate as a matter of urgency. ‘The MCA regards any misuse of these assets as completely unacceptable and await the outcome of this investigation

As we all know these words could have been spoken by a fool.

An I have little doubt that they were. Or at least penned by one. Not always the same thing. :?

The words o' Big Teddy Roosevelt spring te mind...

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Doesn't only apply here, I'd say. It's fer every such situation where desk jockeys an couchpotato 'analysts' have a pop at those who do a job they would never have the swingers te do, thinkin it makes them big men fer one second o' their sadsack lives. The Hindsight Harrys. It is sad, really.

Ho-hum. :roll:

I'm already wearin mine. It's verrry nice. Cozy. Snug. The sleeves bucklin round the back make me feel like I'm huggin mesel' all the time. Course, typin isn't so easy, but I'm well practiced with me toes now. Oh, here comes the nurse. Time fer me electro-therapy...âš¡âš¡âš¡

Thaaaaat's the ticket. sigh.😌

I wonder that if there had been an incident whereby a member of the public had been injured due to a problem with either the take off or landing procedure of the Helicopter, whether Shetlinkers would be so supportive of the pilot. There are good reasons for all the protocol surrounding all airborne movements. not least of which is safety of the general public.

Much as I admire the skills of the search and rescue teams, I also expect them to adhere to all the rules and regulations that their difficult job requires, and that does not include landing in a field to pick up some shopping. Yes, I agree that landing in suburban situations in an emergency is often required, but these landings would be in an emergency situation, and not a 'pick up some grub' jolly.

I am also aware that life in remote Islands encourages a 'rules do not apply to us' culture, and that sometimes a healthy disregard to regulations is acceptable, but in this case, it was just plain stupidity, let's be honest...no one needs a bit of beef so much, that they could not have landed at the airport and collected it from the butcher.

I'm not mentioning the cost of this exercise, as that could be easily written of as 'team building' and I also had a chuckle at the cheek of it, but on a serious note, we have come to expect an adult attitude from our emergency services, and this is seriously undermined by the juvenile behaviour of some.

Do not let your admiration of an excellent service cloud your judgement of the decision making abilities of one pilot.

Next time it could be your loved ones depending on the judgement of this pilot.

If a professional an well-experienced pilot can't spot a member o the public in his landing area, then yup-a-doodle-doo, bin him. Henceforth and forthwith. And sharpish te boot!! :shock: But I think that point is redundundundant an just so much bullhooey. :roll:

As fer cost, how d'yez know how much it cost,if anythin at all over what it might've cost them te fly back from the exercise they'd been on, but weren't anymore. At least accordin te the twanny press release from whoever it was. 💩

If the exercise was in the Orkney area, as seems likely, itmight turn out it was barely such a "detour" from their flight path home that it cost exactly nada. Nothin. Zilch. Nil. Zero.

An as fer some sharn about knockin up the exercise just te pick up some beef? Fer the love o the Wee Man! Never heard o telephones??! Like "Hi, is that Meathead the Gobby Butcher o Orkney? This is Mr Pilot. Me an me boys are headed yer way the morrow. Any chance o gettin some tasty red dead animal stuff from ye, perchance? Top hole, pip pip, chin-chin, toodle-oo!" Seems logical, even te a fruit-loop like mesel'!:roll:

Do ye know different,pleep-pleep, buddy? :?:

As fer yer aside about islands mentality, that may be. I presume ye're talkin from personal experience as ye tar far an wide with that muckle great brush o yers? I wouldn't be so quick te accuse these fellers o this sort o mentality tho. Not without more evidence... After all, ye don't hear or see them Flybe Flyboys landin on the Lochside. Or the polis shopliftin from Tesco. One minor (an it is minor,believe me! Spend some time wi bush pilots fer Médecins Sans Frontières in Africa an ye'll see real cowboy flyin, believe me! 😳😱ðŸ™) minor an harmless incident an yez are wheelin out the tar barrels an feathers! Sheeshypeeps! 😒

Every flyboy I've ever met or worked with - mostly ex-mil - behave a darntootin sight worse than this most days that end with "y"! They have a rep fer bein exactly not yer stuffed-shirt starched-tache tight-a.rsed military types ye might expect. They work bloody hard an they tend te play just as hard. That's why no eyebrows got raised over Cap'n Wills (no relation,Doc!ðŸ˜) an his own wee detour. Their brass are used te a whole lot worse, from what my friends have told me. I mean, Holy-Moses-on-a-chopped-an-hogged-Harley D! Some o the stories they tell about "their friends" (aye riiiight boys! 😜) had me laughin so hard I thought I'd crack a rib, dislocate me jaw or just upchuck me MREs! These guys are Grade A pros but also wackjobs that make me feel sane an whole!! 😜

So believe me or no, but even though I don't know the feller involved, I know his 'spiritual brothers' (ohm!) an can vouch that I believe no-one in his position will have done as he did if there was the faintest pongeroonie of danger or risk te any other party or property. So that is just plain Pish te me. Im prepared te revise me stance, but only if the facts prove it.

An this? This is nothin. No-thin.

"Next time it could be your loved ones depending on the judgement of this pilot."

Frankly, I think ye should be ashamed at yersel fer that perticklier piece o sharn, pleep-pleep. Are ye willin te share with us what exact contribution ye make te society in general, or just Shetland? 😒Makin out that he's no fit fer purpose or endangered lives with this? Get a grip o somethin real man! Pa.💩 The.💩 Tic.💩

Try an leave the man te get along with his life an career, an try gettin on with yer own, instead o takin out yer inadequacies or insecurities on those who do what ye'd never dare te do (most o yez!!). An yes, that "darin" part includes me 😖I just couldn't do it. Eep!

:roll:

An if it turns out I'm wrong an yer right once the facts are known (if ever) yez can write an let me know, care o the Nut Hoose, or MSF. An ill be humbly truly sorry fer doubtin yez. ðŸ˜Honest.😉 No, really! 😠Would I lie to yez? 😜

An if I were yez, I'd be a teensy-weensy bit more worried about what happens te me loved ones if the other pilot gets sick or indisposed an there's an emergency but this feller is stuck on his bahookey at home, feet forcibly up, thanks to the Bullsharn Brigade. What would that mean fer yer loved ones? 😨

I'm mockin the po-faced pontificatin o folk who - like me - know f.eck all of the facts o this incident, but who are intent on passin judgement on the man without those selfsame facts, peatstack, me ould chumblebum. So I'm passin judgment on the pontificators fer passin judgement on him, y'see peat?

(Don't worry, it'll all be made clear on next weeks episode of... "Soap"! da da-dumm da-dum! Da-da-da dum!... :D)

Oh. Hang on. Weren't you one o the first at that malarkey on the thread, peatycake-peatycake-Millibands-man? There's a definite diffo between passin a "legitimate concern" an makin the sort o sweeping baseless statement I'd expect from yer ex-chums in Murdoch Inc, certifyin the pilot as dangerous te the lives o loved ones. Ye're happy with that though it seems , right, peat?

Try readin Sherlock's signature quote sometime. I'd of thought as a politico yerself, ye'd have learned no te jump te conclusions or shoehorn facts, te suit yet own theories an agendas. Oops. Silly me. That's what politicos do tho, innit? :roll:

Pontificate away, perfect-peat. We are all in such awe o yez. 😠Mockin ? Yup. I am mockin ye. Why not when ye make it so easy.

But try not te lose sight, beyond yer own ego, o the fact that this feller's career an name are on the line. Both of which have been made by Savin lives an doin good things every feckin time he's asked te do them.

Ye'd rather "nip nip nip" on what he should of done in yer opinion. And all without the facts ye speak of. :roll: Grow up, peatstack. Really.

As fer a Royal-inspired cover-up... ye really don't know any o these flyboys, do ye? :lol: