Is that the one that has been and gone! Jokingly. I have already lots of seeds growing under fleece in the grow house - planted tatties, onions shallots, peas, carrotts and bedding plants. Too cold to do anything today. Going to try growing cabbages for the first time and possibly neeps. Looks like I lost my raspberry plants from last year so will have to replenish them.

Just looking longingly for some nice weather - lots to do.

We have a community garden here, we have planted our tatties and rhubarb, some fruit trees, soft fruit bushes, beans, starting off 2 types of sweetcorn, one for popping another for eating fresh. We fixed up our water harvest roof over the compost heaps. In another are we have created an community orchard.

Our next plan is to see if we can get shops and businesses to sponsor some edible hanging baskets.

We are also working on "gardens in a box" for those with limited space or mobility.

It is all good fun!

The trouble is, I don't have my own garden. :(

Guest posiedon
mitzy

Looks like I lost my raspberry plants from last year so will have to replenish them

. Raspberry canes are bloody hard to lose, I started trying to clear mine around five years ago and they're still coming up. It only takes a bit of root.

I wouldn't give up on them yet.

Ah Im in the proccess of rebuilding my greenhouse as the other one was collapsing and crumbling! Once that is up I hope to become much more 'green fingered' although I did plant a tree last year.....still looks like a twig in the ground..... I dont know what to do with my garden or even where to start! its quite a big garden. i need lessons I think!

Summer?!? - What about that cold white stuff that was blowing around every now and then the last couple of days....

Plant concrete, a good strong mix. Its resilient to most of the weather we get, and relatively maintenance free. Hire in some of those guys who do the 3D street art to paint on plants of your choice.You'll be the only house in Shetland with a perfect garden 24/7/365. :wink:

Yeah, I know, I'm no help.......just in an irreverant and facetious mood tonight..... :arrow:

Summer?!? - What about that cold white stuff that was blowing around every now and then the last couple of days....

Plant concrete, a good strong mix. Its resilient to most of the weather we get, and relatively maintenance free. Hire in some of those guys who do the 3D street art to paint on plants of your choice.You'll be the only house in Shetland with a perfect garden 24/7/365. :wink:

Yeah, I know, I'm no help.......just in an irreverant and facetious mood tonight..... :arrow:

this did make me giggle! the other half suggested concrete too!

thats only so he doesnt have to cut the grass!

• 2 months later...