Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete???

MJ

Anyone used Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete, I can find various reviews from 5/5 to 0.5/5, does a real (well closer to home) user have any experience of this virus protection software, Kaspersky has run out and looking for something a little less hungry (so avoiding 360 & McAfee)

currently trying the 2week free trial, impressed so far, but the mobile protection doesn't come with scream & remote delete, also as far as I know it hasn't had anything to prove it's self against on the laptops. But wow my computer is no longer grinding with a antivirus, it's all so quick, kaspersky was supposedly not a resources hog, but wow what a difference. could even loose the pctools if I go with this.

But it doesn't say which version? 2011 was by all accounts dire, 2012 has some singing all the praises. It it is awards truely for 2011 then it's the wrong version. Amazon, ebuyer etc reviews are very good.

19seconds start up this morning =D very happy, my computer no longer sound like it's battling with what's it's running.

• 1 month later...

^ Have you adjusted the settings for how much of the system resources it takes up? You can adjust it so it completes scans slowly or quickly. (And apologies if you've already done this)

I think most anti-virus programs are annoying when they do a full scan; I'm waiting for one to know automatically when I'm away from my PC, for instance in the bath/loo/kitchen/whatever. :wink:

Guest posiedon
MJ

After nearly 4weeks of AVG I today have lost the plot and going to remove the thing,

I have been happy with AVG for years and still am.......But..... I've been trying (in vein) to remove it from an old PC that is no longer connected to the internet, so good luck with that. :wink:

It's like a virus itself.

^^ I've never had a problem installing and removing AVG. Indeed at one time i did so on a fairly regular basis when using it to "clean up" infected machines.

Can't say it was ever a resource hog, however if you made the mistake of installing the trial version instead of the free one is could grind anything to a halt. Maybe the new free version has similar traits.

I moved on to Security Essentials a few months back and have no complaints.

Well yes it refused to remove unless connected to the internet, switched to Trend Titanium, not as fast as webroot for scanning, but then I never really felt that it was thorough as it was so quick for a full scan. A bit unsure about its firewall though... I will find one I'm happy with, I'm sure I will... I hope

MJ

After nearly 4weeks of AVG I today have lost the plot and going to remove the thing,

I have been happy with AVG for years and still am.......But..... I've been trying (in vein) to remove it from an old PC that is no longer connected to the internet, so good luck with that. :wink:

It's like a virus itself.

Is it after your blood then? :wink: