Sheep -out of field near main road

Why is it when somebody, anybody, asks a simple question, there are certain folk who simply have to turn everything in to an argument and end up going off on some raging tangent? !

Always the same perps, shetlandpeat, unlinkedstudent, Ghostrider treating it like their own personal chat room.

Happened the other day with the Oxjam thread and unlinkedstudent hijacking the thread to explain her views on Oxfam...nobody cares what your thoughts are on the matter and more to the point no one asked you for them.

Nobody asked either of you for yours either! :twisted:

Tis simple, you don't want peeps to contribute on what you've posted in a forum - don't blooming post in the first place!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with others re the endless 'interferance' by the aforesaid shetlandpeat, Ghostrider and unlinked.. do you lot not have anything to do with your lives except annoy the living daylights out of everyone else on Shetlink?

You must spend an eternity just pouncing on any new comment or thread on here, regardless of whether you know the first thing about it - give it a rest for Christs sake and stop driving others away from this site.

Agree with others re the endless 'interferance' by the aforesaid shetlandpeat, Ghostrider and unlinked.. do you lot not have anything to do with your lives except annoy the living daylights out of everyone else on Shetlink?

You must spend an eternity just pouncing on any new comment or thread on here, regardless of whether you know the first thing about it - give it a rest for Christs sake and stop driving others away from this site.

Can't be annoying you that much if you continue to read and comment on what we post then, can we? FYI, I've met loads of nice peeps through Shetlink and thankfully, they don't share your opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, as are others, but if you think I'm going to let the likes of you bully me off here, you are very much mistaken. There are loads of threads on here, indeed, entire sections that I never frequent.

@ Dizzykipper - I saw a sheep 'off colour' once and spoke to a few of the local crofters. They didn't mind one little bit that I'd contacted them and said they were glad I did (Although obviously said sheep only belonged to one of 'em) and were happy to point me in the direction of said owner. Said owner didn't mind either - what's a sheep worth these days - £30?

Always the same perps, shetlandpeat, unlinkedstudent, Ghostrider treating it like their own personal chat room.

Yes, and....?!?!

Agree with others re the endless 'interferance' by the aforesaid shetlandpeat, Ghostrider and unlinked..

Why should I give any more of a toss for your opinion than you obviously give for mine?

There's a sheep and lamb which seems to have got free from its field and wandering outside my house for the past couple of days - not that unusual for Shetland, I know, but I live just off the main south road which they can now access. Is there anyone I can tell?

Just wondering if, somewhere amongst the seemingly endless sharn, you've managed to get your question answered?

Was wondering the same myself :lol:

Ewe know it!!

Somewhere to Lambast others. :wink:

Things seem to develop into what appears to be a 2or 3 sided debate. Could be the lack of occupationional distractions or hobbies.

Itdepends on how seriously you want to take any debate, here or elsewhere. This can be a distraction for those of us who are working with the more serious stuff in life.

So, appologies.

Alas yes, Shetlink is known for it's +ve outlook.

I hope it improves.

I only saw them once since I posted, so presumed they had been rescued... until just now, when they strolled past my living room window. Give them credit, they seem to have survived a week on the loose! I live down a steep hill and have just watched them walk all the way along the road, inside the barrier. The adult looks very straggly around the neck, like it's been trying to push through (or it could be perfectly normal!). They don't have the markings like all the sheep in the field opposite. Think I will call the SSPCA.

Yes, and....?!?!

Agree with others re the endless 'interferance' by the aforesaid shetlandpeat, Ghostrider and unlinked..

Why should I give any more of a toss for your opinion than you obviously give for mine?

You do youself no favours with your overbearing and rude attitude to any critical comment. I used to quite enjoy your contributuions but lately you and your pal unlinked have become quite 'unhinged' and are off the scale in terms of dominating 'some' threads. Quite disappointed with your attitude

I only saw them once since I posted, so presumed they had been rescued... until just now, when they strolled past my living room window. Give them credit, they seem to have survived a week on the loose! I live down a steep hill and have just watched them walk all the way along the road, inside the barrier. The adult looks very straggly around the neck, like it's been trying to push through (or it could be perfectly normal!). They don't have the markings like all the sheep in the field opposite. Think I will call the SSPCA.

There's a sheep and lamb which seems to have got free from its field and wandering outside my house for the past couple of days - not that unusual for Shetland, I know, but I live just off the main south road which they can now access. Is there anyone I can tell?

Ewes and lambs do tend to wander at this time of year...and fences in Shetland are a bit "new fangled" and noone has actually told the sheep what their purpose is. Go northby and you'll find there aren't any fences.. why would you (or the sheep) need them. So if you're concerned that the two you mention might be endangered by drivers not being particularly adept at avoiding wandering livestock then get a pal and go and yock a had o' the yow and fling it oe'r the nearest fence. Fling the lamb efter it and bingo they'll be fine. Dinna be surprised if you spot them right back in the same place again a couple of days later though. Fickle beasts for sure. :)

Like I said previously - fickle beasts

Yes, and....?!?!

You do youself no favours with your overbearing and rude attitude to any critical comment. I used to quite enjoy your contributuions but lately you and your pal unlinked have become quite 'unhinged' and are off the scale in terms of dominating 'some' threads. Quite disappointed with your attitude

....and i can nearly predict the response to the above post....

..and speaking about fickle.............00:28 :)