The old travel agent's building

we were sat in the car this evening waiting for the daughter. and i got to thinking what a great site it would make for a tourist craft centre. selling ocal produced products it would be a shame for it to turn into offices. what do you all think.

we were sat in the car this evening waiting for the daughter. and i got to thinking what a great site it would make for a tourist craft centre. selling ocal produced products it would be a shame for it to turn into offices. what do you all think.

a car turned into a tourist craft centre selling products by ocal sounds like a great idea

It's in a good position, but don't the tourist centre and Ninian's already sell local craft stuff? Still I suppose the more the merrier!

There is a place near Inverness called Brodie? that is a big craft building with a restaurant. Was over priced, but got a lot of tourists. I was wondering the other day if there was a big place here that could house all of Shetland's crafts and have a restaurant. Coach loads of tourists...

Great idea. Would you get consistent participation from a larger selection of crafters than the limited group you standardly find at the touristy type venues? N how?

Shetland offers so much more than the smattering we see at the tourist shop etc.

Food for thought...

It's a superb location. I agree it would be wasted on offices!!

A year round business?

unsure about that but it would be a good retail out let for crafters. it could be a very good investment for slap. thet could always do internet sales. as said its only an idea.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as i would like to see one of the current pubs become decent up here sadly imo it will never happen.. Shetland doesn't have a huge pub going community through the week ( unless students are home) so they need to ram as many people as they can get on a Friday and Saturday to keep them a float. This means they will never start limiting numbers through the door which IMO is the first thing that would need to happen before you even start to get the right atmosphere for a decent pub and this would be a problem for any new drinking establishment..