Shetland football team 2012

nufsta

Watched last week, was only ten players or so there. New player i noticed was Calvin Leask. I've also heard that Paul Grant has been omitted from the squad for this year but will be back all going well. Other as that I'm thinking it's pretty much the same.

• 1 month later...

Agreed. I think everyone would have three or four players in instead of some of the players in the current pool but it's all just individual opinions. In the coach's opinion those are the players he thinks wil give him the best chance to win the county and unless people have done the job themselves then it's hard to argue against the selection. I wish them the best o luck for the game against Orkney, let's hope for another victory!

The truth is there is not a huge differance between some of the players picked and the ones not picked. The manager will go with players he knows and trusts, those that have shown dedication at training and players who fit into his tactics. At the end of the day its his reputation on the line.

I dont think Shetland football is a particularly good standard at the moment, however the quantity of good young players shows the future is bright. It makes sense to me to see a mixture of youth and experience.

There are a lot of good players unlucky not to be selected, hopefully they react the right way and go the extra mile to make the next squad.

Good luck to the boys on saturday!!

watched a little of the game v the JC last night. They will need to improve before saturday though!!

Didnt seem to have that clinical finisher that every team needs and the team didnt seem to gel together.

On the other hand the JC looked really good, they kept the ball well at times and the seniors had to rely on two headers from coners to make the game 2-2.

'Mon the blues

Well 3-1 Orkney. A pity really but a few defensive errors seem to have cost the team this time around. Thats what happens when you pick players on reputation rather than form and I think thats quite apparent this time around, certainly in a couple of positions.

Shetland don't have a divine right to beat Orkney year after year, so credit where credit's due to the Orcadians on their win.

And to come from behind showed good composure also. Orkney are definitely on the up as regards football, beating Caithness in the Archer shield earlier this year showed that....then their's their future entry into Highland league football to consider which can only improve their standard further.

Totally agree with the above comments, perhaps this result will stop Shetland living off the 2005 gold win. First rule in football pick the players on form....