Olympic torch

DizzyKipper

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Events like this are valuable to Shetland so it's worth pulling out the stops. We need positive events in a doom and gloom recession.

How? What is its value to Shetland? Are you talking £ & pence, morally or both?

Ah yes, positive events in a doom and gloom recession - nothing like a party to bury bad news, such as Shetland Box Office charging for online/telephone purchases - you're allegedly getting a day's entertainment for free today so enjoy it while you can! Granted, the event in Lerwick has free admission unlike the one in Glasgow.

Agree with you re the buses.

Post them to the BBCtwitter account they might use them on the live feed

Speaking of which, I'm getting 2 sec feed, 2 sec still, 2 sec feed followed by audio only until I refresh the page again :( Still better than nothing :D

ANd thanks for the pics.

WAtch it full screen, seems to mske a big difference!

Just come back from the Relay.......what a fantastic success it has been!!!

Thousands, and I mean thousands, lined the streets of Lerwick to cheer the Torch on! Everybody cheering, the Jarl Squad going a fantastic job as 'Guard of Honour' and great presentation on at the Clickimin!!

I was also in the company of the media following the Torch throughout the country and they said, and I quote "this has been the best location, atmosphere and experience we've seen for the Torch relay"!! Now doesn't that speak louder than words!! We can always do it best when it comes to large events right here in Shetland!!

Just come back from the Relay.......what a fantastic success it has been!!!

Thousands, and I mean thousands, lined the streets of Lerwick to cheer the Torch on! Everybody cheering, the Jarl Squad going a fantastic job as 'Guard of Honour' and great presentation on at the Clickimin!!

I was also in the company of the media following the Torch throughout the country and they said, and I quote "this has been the best location, atmosphere and experience we've seen for the Torch relay"!! Now doesn't that speak louder than words!! We can always do it best when it comes to large events right here in Shetland!!

THOUSANDS? Are you being sarcastic? Obviously the live webcam feed must have been supplying something else because it didn't look like thousands. There can't have been more than a couple of 100 (if that) at the pier, and there were huge chunks of streets with nobody on them.

It would appear someone's tag line isn't working. :wink:

Right ya bunch o miserable windbags! Am been at da torch procession daday as well as a good few thousand others, thankfully the bitter, boring, keyboard warriors seem to be in the minority once more here a Slaglink!!

Great atmosphere, lots of cheery, happy people, plenty to see and the weather held out.

Whatever people may think about the olympics and the problems now associated with at least Shetland has put on yet again another bloody good show.

And yes the Jarl Squad did us proud too, three cheers boys!

UP YOURS YA BUNCH O BORING, CANNA BE BOTHERED, STAY IN DA HOOSE, SPINELESS BUGGERS!

Again mods if u want tae ban me or moderate me go ahead but you know who I'm speaking about and I know you can see my point!