Do we now need the viking windfarm ?

RFR937

I'm no expert on this subject but I gather that the windfarm project has always been promoted as the catalyst of all renewables projects for the isles as it would be the "go ahead" for the interconnector cable , if this article is correct then maybe we would see the cable from Iceland pass through this area? If so do we need to go ahead with this windfarm to justify the interconnector as it could be provided by another party ?

http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2012/06/08/uk-could-be-powered-by-iceland-volcanoes/

I'm no expert on this subject but I gather that the windfarm project has always been promoted as the catalyst of all renewables projects for the isles as it would be the "go ahead" for the interconnector cable , if this article is correct then maybe we would see the cable from Iceland pass through this area? If so do we need to go ahead with this windfarm to justify the interconnector as it could be provided by another party ?

http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2012/06/08/uk-could-be-powered-by-iceland-volcanoes/

None of the propsals I have seen have the cable coming anywhere near Shetland. The project is many years away.

VE windfarm is to make money ... now. It is a business with a business plan and they are getting on with job.

• 1 month later...

Just happened upon this theme - and I am surprised to see that Hairyian has made mention of VE's 'business plan'.

Could you please let us see a copy of it, so that we can pass comment, or is it secret, confidential, or really non-existant?

Checking their projections of profits could be interesting.