interesting hitchhiker

paulb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ENOUGH!

Make your minds up time, peeps (IMHO).

So, on the one hand, is this a situation whereby anyone with religious beliefs outside the norm (Although as Ghostie has just pointed out to me, he could have no different to that of an Evangelican Preacher's headset) or he is, perhaps, somebody who has wandered out of a care home/whatever in the Poole area and is somebody with mental health issues - which is it? Harmless? Harmless to whom? You? Himself? Imagine if his family are looking for him in the Poole area and all those concerned just post on Shetlink.

So, if those who have met him have genuine concerns, have you contacted the authorities? Where do you draw the line?

Sanity? Sugar, I posted Belinda Carlisle and Crazy Frog on the music thread.

no he is not vunerable or off his rocker. he talked perfectly normally and did not seem confused. as said just odd. still seems a shame to be pinching our ghosts. you had better watch out there unlink he may take yours.

he has been at it for 7 years so he says. goes around cleansing and exorcising people and places. not into the old religions as you would have thought. not into books ect.

the wife has more experience of the mental health of folks and she did not think he was in anyway in danger. well apart from casting out 500 bikers.

I'm with PaulB on this one.. I can't see his ever being vulnerable.... he is just different, with a different belief system from the mainstream and also not a pauper, evidenced by some good quality clothing and gadgets.

I'm no expert on mental health either, but if I contacted the 'authorities' for every eccentric that came up to the Creamery from the campsite, i'd probably need them on speed dial.

I don't think he's dangerous to himself or others, but I could see that being told you are evil/demonic etc could be upsetting for some and if you fit in that category, he's best avoided

....still seems a shame to be pinching our ghosts. watch out there unlink he may take yours.

Oi, you tryin to insinuate summat, or wot?!? I don't shift for no preacher man, no matter what creed. :wink:

well apart from casting out 500 bikers.

He'll have his work cut out. I'd pay good money to see that. :lol:

Seriously, I really cannot see what the fuss is about, or why someone would think to post about it on a public forum. So, hes possibly a tad eccentric, but so are a large chunk of the population, and he claims to hold a few relatively uncommon beliefs. So what? And evil/demonic is subjective, some of the cornerstones of more mainstream beliefs I'd have no problem agreeing could well be accurately described as evil/demonic too.

Leave the old dude to wend on his merry way until and unless he actually does or threatens to harm anyone or anything, chances are he's no more nutty than any of the rest of us, and a sight less dangerous than the bona fide nutter who's messed up their Meds, and is the "normal and respectable" person walking along the street/road right behind you ready to explode in to a deranged frenzy.

Of course, he may well just be a good actor and wind up merchant whose idea of a very entertaining holiday it to hitch around the countryside winding up yokels. Its not like some locals don't do that to tourists from time to time, so a bit of payback isn't so far fetched or unwarranted.

Whatever he is, the Rally folks will handle him fine and see that he's okay.

Big beard, leather jacket, bad knees... sounds like he'll be right at home at the rally! At least the chap sounds interesting, unlike most of the crazies I've ever given a lift to :?

Actually Ghosty has a point about the wind-up... ever read Tony Hawks' "Round Ireland with a Fridge"? Perhaps there'll be a book out in the autumn :lol:

Once again the old rocks natural magnetism for eccentrics snares another unique character - he probably thought it was his own decision to visit - such is the power of the magnet.

God forbid he should bump into calamity when he's here - it'd probably result in some sort of paradox or black hole.

If aliens ever visit this planet I'd put money on where they'd land :lol: