A Great Big Thankyou

Hunny not actually knowing the gossip, all I can say is they're both better off without you. And slowly your wife is trying to get her life back together, let her, if you can't deal with the karma - move.

Posiedon, I personally wouldn't worry. Amazingly enough sorting out your domestic grievances online doesn't solve them. But if you're really feeling nosy try asking out my way. Never been one for local gossip, so don't know what's been said, tbh don't care, but karma can be one female dog.

Posiedon, I personally wouldn't worry. Amazingly enough sorting out your domestic grievances online doesn't solve them. But if you're really feeling nosy try asking out my way. Never been one for local gossip, so don't know what's been said, tbh don't care, but karma can be one female dog.

I feel for you in your angst, but perhaps in a way that your perceived enemies were none too subtle in their sabotage of your new relationship, this might not be the most appropriate of arena's to take out your temper.

I am sorry too that you have been treated in the way you both have, but hope that your anger is directed at the individual (s) concerned and not at Sheltand culture in general, as I guess it is sad fact in this day and age and probably for millenia before and since that this sort of thing goes on everywhere.

I am not a Shetlander (but have lived here for many years) But I have made the most wonderful, dearest and closest friends I could ever hope to have among Shetland folk.

Yes, you make some valid points, anyone who would sink to such a level does themselves no favours, and no point saying they must live with their conscience as those sorts have no conscience or at least a very misguided one.

Unfortunate too that the first reply makes 'judgement' on your situation without knowing the facts, but such is life my friend.

Now might be a good time to lie low for a peerie start, lick your wounds by all means and if this woman is all you say she is then keep the lines of communication open, give her time and maybe she will come around when the dust settles.

What is that old saying? 'True love conquers all' .......