Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

Also having identical problems to other people on this thread. Fine through the day, but every evening for the last couple of months, about the same time each night, it suddenly drops down to ridiculously-slow. Am with TalkTalk.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2295374540.png

And yes, my router is password-protected, have done virus scans, and this is a consistently slow speed every evening, boohoo. And every daytime, it returns to normal, hooray.

^^^^ So what's to be done?

No idea. I've complained to Plusnet, as said above, on numerous occassions to no avail. It's dissapointing that so many people on here are having the same issues, but glad in a way, at least I know now that its just not me. Sorry :wink:

I'm totally exasperated with the whole situation, again, as someone else pointed out it would be a waste of time changing ISP as the problem is with BT(I know Plusnet and BT are one).

Also, I'm not willing to cancel broadband alltogether as when it works it's fine.

All in all I have no answers, any suggestions with you AT? :wink:

^^^^ So what's to be done?
all we can do is continue to complain to the providers as they seem only to take things seriously when they receive a high number of complaints.

My speeds have been pathetic for a while. Spoke to BT, did all the usual tests and was told everything was fine!

Two days later my speeds have vastly improved. Coincidence.?

:ponders

I eventually contacted BT after a series of terrible speeds. They told me to take speed tests at 7pm, 8pm and 9pm tonight to prove that I have bad results. But of bloody course, the internet has been fine tonight. The first night in absolutely forever. I am so annoying.

My internet went off for about 10 minutes around 6.30pm and has been whizzing ever since so perhaps they have finally fixed something? My speed had only dropped very slightly over the last week so I hadn't reported it as it hadn't done its usual of dropping significantly whenever a problem tends to affect all of Shetland; had it done, I would have called.

Yeah, I complained to my ISP (TalkTalk), but just got fobbed off with the standard boilerplate reply - check your equipment, check your set-up etc despite telling them that everything was fine outside of the particular times I specified.

I'm considering changing my ISP anyway as TalkTalk are too expensive these days (£40/month for unlimited compared to the Post Office - £26/month for the same deal), but that's the only statement I can make which might get them to take notice.