Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

On line to BT Faults right now. I'm trying to get them to appreciate this is affecting various exchanges in Shetland again.

My internet went down for 10 minutes again around 17:20 - did this happen to anyone else?

If I get no joy from BT (currently they are saying 2 hr wait for it to go to a Manager yet usually it goes straight to Higher Escalations when I phone), I'm about to call and e-mail the Brendan Dick, MD for BT Scotland.

Who else still has lousy speed this evening? Thanks.

Bloody useless, YET AGAIN!!!

Once they finally got the last debacle sorted out at the end of May I got 2.5 - 3.5 as a norm....come July it had degraded to never being better than 3.0. Ever since its been slowly dropping further, and its now effin useless! 4.30pm - 12.30 am it can barely make 1.0, with repeated drops outs.

BT problem, as I don't have BT as an ISP, but am getting the same crap service as everyone else regardless, and a typical BT solution, make it "pretty" long enough to shut folk up (probably at the expense of someone else's speed elsewhere in the country) then slowly steal it back again over the next few months. How to suck more out of a system than it can physically handle! F***ers!

@ Ghostie.

Calm down, Dearest. Would you like a cuppa? If You speak nicely to me, I MIGHT let You have access to my openzone wireless account so You get a faster speed ... and I might bog off to Grotesco's whilst BT sort this mess out. :wink:

Should anyone from BT or various ISPs be reading this pleas note that while I can cope with low speeds I am so sick of drop outs that I am tempted to abandon home computing completely in favour of getting a netbook to the nearest wi-fi point. If that is what you want us to do please say so and if not the fix the system.

UPDATE:

Brendan Dick has responded and says "I'll ask BT Wholesale to check". :shock:

@Justme - wi-fi will make no difference.

It will if it is free wi-fi at SIC ferry terminals and I am not paying too much a month for poor service....and I guess the phone line could go as well. Quite a saving.

UPDATE:

Brendan Dick has responded and says "I'll ask BT Wholesale to check". :shock:

@Justme - wi-fi will make no difference.

It will if it is free wi-fi at SIC ferry terminals and I am not paying too much a month for poor service....and I guess the phone line could go as well. Quite a saving.

Ah, I see - good point!

Mind you, BT reckon the sub-sea cable will be "lit up" either during the course of this December or January next year ... we shall have to wait and see, I guess.

I'm still having the same issues :cry:

Absolutely rank again from 8pm tonight, was fine through the day :cry:

I'm past talking to Plusnet anymore, I even gave them the whole 'I'm gona switch provider' but it was met with 'Thats up to you, we've done all we can'. This is probably true, I understand the underlying problem is with BT.

Yes, if anyone from BT is reading this, you're a useless shower of *****!!! Do you not know Black Ops 2 came out yesterday and I can only get on between 6pm and 8pm before everything goes udders up!!!! :cry:

GET IT SORTED!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

UPDATE:

BT Business Call Centre Manager phoned a short while ago, confirmed fault was logged with BT Wholesale. I have requested that he speaks with his colleagues to get Shetland area codes affected whacked up onto their "Service Status" bit of their website so that it can also be viewed by the various ISPs so you lot can claim compo.

{'f' it was funny in Father Ted 'eck'} knows how long they'll take to fix it; guess it depends on whether it is some ship with dodgy radar in the harbour again, exchange fault here or on Mainland causing bottle neck or the old microlink mast thingy this end or Orkney blown out of alignment again/lost another bit of Blue Tac.

I'll phone Brendan Dick tomorrow afternoon to ascertain date of fix if I hear no more between now and then.

UPDATE:

BT Business Call Centre Manager phoned a short while ago, confirmed fault was logged with BT Wholesale. I have requested that he speaks with his colleagues to get Shetland area codes affected whacked up onto their "Service Status" bit of their website so that it can also be viewed by the various ISPs so you lot can claim compo.

{'f' it was funny in Father Ted 'eck'} knows how long they'll take to fix it; guess it depends on whether it is some ship with dodgy radar in the harbour again, exchange fault here or on Mainland causing bottle neck or the old microlink mast thingy this end or Orkney blown out of alignment again/lost another bit of Blue Tac.

I'll phone Brendan Dick tomorrow afternoon to ascertain date of fix if I hear no more between now and then.

Thanks very much Unlinked, thats really appreciated. As you know i've been able to get nowhere with this.

I've just been connected to BTBraodband after having several issues with SkyBroadband including crap speeds.

Just done a SpeedTest.net Ping: 960ms D/S: .30Mbps U/S: .20Mbps

Thats with the router connected DIRECTLY into the master socket with the filter OFF. Obviously I have and ADSL filter connected in first! ;-)