Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

UPDATE:

BT failed to provide me with an update, as promised, on Friday. I did, however, receive one earlier today which went along the lines of "The fault is still being investigated by BT Wholesale. What I can tell you is that the route your traffic is going on isn't working correctly and we've asked them to find an alternative route. I'll call you tomorrow first thing when I've spoken with them again.":?

Poor thing, should I have asked him if BT were going to nick a satellite or hi-jack all of SHEFA2 immediately then? :wink:

Again, I asked for it to be put on the service status feed.

See what gem they come up with in the morning.

Called BT today to complain at their poor speeds and broadband quality , afterthe usual runaound chcking the obvious they did admit that there was a fault on the network and that they would get the engineers on to it , not holding my breath but at least it's a step in the right direction (maybe) . I'm in the Scalloway area so don't know if this fault is local or shetland wide .

Sure I just posted this, but it disappeared!

Info via Plusnet for Lerwick

BT is reporting that some of the virtual paths at this exchange are not operating within BT Wholesale's planning guidance, although they are still operating within the product specification.

At busy times, your ADSL connection may operate at a reduced speed, although not all customers on your exchange may be affected. You should only contact support if there is no current ETA date set.

The ETA fix time is: Not provided by BT

Record last updated: 09 Nov 12

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Lerwick&exact=3656&plugin=vp