Internet problems?

DizzyKipper

TalkTalk had, despite promises twartree days ago that they wouldn't, closed down the fault AGAIN, sneakily marking it as "resolved", just as they did last time. GRRRR. They have now opened YET another new ticket.

Is there anyone else we can hassle, other than our apparently utterly ineffectual ISPs?

You could try sending an email to Tavish. Time was when he wanted to know about people's internet problems. Maybe he still does.

The only answer to TalkTalk, IMHO, to to move to another ISP. Their technical support is worse than rubbish and, you don't get to speak to "2nd Level Support"(?) until you demand your MAC. What a way to treat customers...

The only answer to TalkTalk, IMHO, to to move to another ISP. Their technical support is worse than rubbish and, you don't get to speak to "2nd Level Support"(?) until you demand your MAC. What a way to treat customers...

We're only with them as we'd been with Pipex for years (used to be very good) and then Pipex was taken over a few times. Various reasons, including my illness, meant we didn't get around to changing ISP as fast as we should have. They more than doubled what we'd been paying, and for a pretty poor service. What really got me was also the sneaky way they informed customers by letter of price increases - main letter appeared to be general stuff and the real reason for the letter was hidden away on the back in tiny print. Underhand.

Anyone else lose broadband connection totally around 11.15pm until about 5 mins ago (12.25am)?

Yes, I reported it. :cry:

bet its your house wiring. honestly unlink blaming your fault on bt really. i wish it was as good as my little turbine its spinning away very happily. done over 1/2mw in the few weeks its been up.

anyway after the engineer turned up on thursday replaced our box with one of there new ones and after playing about at the exchange we had 2.5mbs with a ping of 60 so was chuffed. this lasted for 2 hours then went back to the on off fault. its now on however im getting 0,12mbs and last night apong of over a thousand.

so unlink i would love your slow speeds of 4mbs.

our phone number is now not recognized by bt just because we asked them to sort the post code and address out.

we were miss sold bt vision as it requires a minimum of 2mbs internet speed.

strangely bt are now saying we can get 4mbs connections that would be nice. and yes they love to close there faults mine has been closed 3 times over the 4 weeks its been going on.

the engineer does not understand why our phone line is working fine but the net is crap.

paulb, you tried a different router or is it the case that BT have sent you a dozen already?

Don't think it my house wiring cos if it is, it ain't half having a knock-on effect on a lot of folk! :wink:

Thanks to those who advised they lost their broadband also; I'm trying to ascertain whether all of Shetland got affected (in other words, the good old microlink or just one exchange) for my next discussion with BT.